PDA

View Full Version : Time Gone By

EWS
07-28-2010, 04:30 PM
This is my first try using the the GH1 hack. I used some fairly safe settings of 38/40/42. I had the camera lock up a few times and once had to pull the battery using a Sandisk Extreme Class 10- 8gig card.
Used the kit lens, a 20mm pancake and a Nikon 50mm f 1.4. Some CC and effect work done in MBL.
All in all a lot of fun in a tiny little camera.
Comments welcome.
http://www.vimeo.com/13712995

dvxhutch
07-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Great work Eddie. Beautiful imagery, as Kholi says, you could intercut GH13 and Red footage well, and many of the shots here show this.

Looking forward to part 2, I especially love seeing this camera in wides, just blows all the other DSLRs away.

Good stuff!

EWS
07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words. This camera is really a lot of fun to shoot with now.
It seems brand new in a way like when I got my first 35mm Nikon SLR. You actually start to look at everyday things differently.
Can't wait to shoot some more. I have a busy work week ahead but will try to get Pt. 2 put together soon.
Thanks again
EWS

Shinobi Productions
07-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Nice images, shots were well composed and the colors were just right.

EWS
07-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Thank you. I will probably experiment next with some in camera settings and saturation. I shot mostly at 320 iso, and standard setting with saturation and sharpening at -2. I think with the firmware upgrade you might be able to go a little more for the look you want in camera. Will have to experiment and see how it goes.