PDA

View Full Version : more light = failure?

DVXguy
07-18-2010, 06:53 AM
I was testing out my new gh13 and I took it outside into bright daylight.. everytime I shot the motion jpeg (on the setting that has the 3min limit), the playback would fail.. when I brought it inside, it would be fine.. is too much information overloading the sensor?

Oedipax
07-18-2010, 08:02 AM
High detail shots (like bright daylight exteriors) have higher bitrates on average than interior shots. It's not the sensor overloading, but your combo of firmware settings + SD card need tweaking.

wturber
07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
High detail shots (like bright daylight exteriors) have higher bitrates on average than interior shots. It's not the sensor overloading, but your combo of firmware settings + SD card need tweaking.

The other possibility is that the bright daylight results in short shutter speeds. That equates to more detail per frame and higher bit rates. High detail also seesm to be a problem for certain static shots.

DVXguy
07-21-2010, 07:50 AM
turns out that I could record it, but it wouldn't playback in camera when there was high detail.. so it must be a card read error.. I'm using a class 6 PNY card.. maybe I should go class 10.

svecher
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
turns out that I could record it, but it wouldn't playback in camera when there was high detail.. so it must be a card read error.. I'm using a class 6 PNY card.. maybe I should go class 10.
MJPEG clips with bitrate over ~35Mbps will not playback in camera period -- this is a known issue.

See lpowell's post on settings that produce the highest bitrate MJPEG clips playable in camera http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=2039780&postcount=5