PDA

View Full Version : GH13 Screen Grabs from our Feature

thisisapocalypse
07-18-2010, 05:24 AM
From stills from our feature in progress - would put up footage but we're entering into festivals and many of them aren't cool with posting moving images.

These shots were all at very fast apertures, using the Canon FD 24mm f/1.4 L, Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 and Samyang 85mm f/1.4 (eos mt). Gave the stills a little cc in GIMP before posting.

"C" Settings, not using the 24p native hack. ISO 100-400.

All shot between f/1.2-2

What's interesting is that the camera seemed to hold up better on these kinds of shots than it did before, but looking at the files in Bitrate Viewer, we rarely went over 10mbps - these are obviously not the kinds of shots that kill the codec. The hack is definitely working as I get 30mbps+ footage on highly detailed scenes outside, but most of this ended up around 9mpbs...

averan
07-18-2010, 10:59 AM
purty pictures.

KurtF
07-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice. Very cinematic. Looks like you're well on your way with this one.

rambooc1
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
10Mbps.... wow this should satisfy any queries about the variable bitrate not being able to do it's job. Isn't it great knowing you have 30 more Mbps up your sleeve automatically available for whenever your scene demands it.

thisisapocalypse
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
10Mbps.... wow this should satisfy any queries about the variable bitrate not being able to do it's job. Isn't it great knowing you have 30 more Mbps up your sleeve automatically available for whenever your scene demands it.

Yep :) - These scenes don't have a ton of movement so I'm sure that helped the codec breathe easily, still sorta blows me away that it can do so well even at a low bitrate.

Went ahead and posted a bit from this scene as a preliminary teaser trailer over the HDSLR screening room, won't leave it up for long but feel free to take a look!

Shinobi Productions
07-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Very nice grabs.