PDA

View Full Version : actors on line

Voytek_Stitko
06-27-2004, 06:45 PM
What are the web sites to find actors in NYC?

voytek

J_Barnes
06-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, for answers to your question you could check the post you already started on this subject. To refresh your memory, you started a post in this forum under the title:

"how to find actors on internet"

That would be a good place to start.

And a piece of additional advice, casting is a person to person business conducted through meetings and mailings. Thus very few actors who are serious about their craft or their career even bother with using the internet beyond checking the online listings at backstage.

I'm afraid there is no Amazon.com for actors.

JonnyMac
06-30-2004, 02:56 PM
And a piece of additional advice, casting is a person to person business conducted through meetings and mailings. *Thus very few actors who are serious about their craft or their career even bother with using the internet beyond checking the online listings at backstage.
Yep. Many of those sites for actors have shown themselves to be nothing but a means to extract money (through a subscription fee) from actors who don't know any better. Most agencies (at least here in Dallas) make photos available online -- but that doesn't mean that they're going to let you use their talent at no fee. That said, I think most agents are very helpful and with a nice letter you could probably get them to send select actors to your auditions (mine does, anyway).

Do a web search for the talent agencies in your area and check their online head books. Then write a nice note to the agency. You really have nothing to lose but a bit of time.