PDA

View Full Version : how to find actors on internet

Voytek_Stitko
06-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Do you guys know any web sites where I can post casting message? I need actors from NYC.

voytek

BLWolf
06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
You could try . . .

www.craigslist.com

and/or

www.mandy.com

J_Barnes
06-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Why not go out and press the flesh a bit? You might get some great responses if you go out and drop in on a few places.

If you haven't already created a print version of your casting list, go ahead and do it. Try not to be too specific about stuff that doesn't matter, and very specific about stuff that does (I've seen enough casting notices to understand that 75% of them contain information that deters the actor you're looking for while attracting the one you aren't!) You'd be surprised how many casting notices ask for specific height and weight numbers where "athletic" or "chubby" would have sufficed (and attracted more responses).

Once you've got your casting notice, make a dozen copies and head out to the acting schools and universities in Manhattan.

NYU Drama, The New School, Columbia Drama, Lee Strasberg Theater Institute, HB studios, and Stella Adler would all love to hear about your production. Most of them have a specific place to post your casting notice, and often times the staff might even have suggestions about specific actors for your project.

None of the established or up-and-coming actors I know actually check Craigslist or Mandy.com yet, it just hasn't worked its way into the industry.

If you have specific questions about schools, or if you've got specific types of actors you'd like to pursue, send me a message and I'll help you as much as I can. I still have a few good contacts up there.

THiNSPiRiT
07-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Mandy.com is awesome. I have a friend who's entire crew was more or less made up of people who applied for jobs from mandy... they were all pretty decent although a little inexperienced. They all worked for free or deferral though, so the price was right.

J_Barnes
07-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Mandy.com is GREAT for crews...but ACTORS...not so much.

Again, mandy is probably the greatest resource for finding crews...including some very talented professionals and people just starting out, but for actors it's not very well known. Eventually, something like Mandy will probably be the standard of backstage type postings, but it just hasn't caught on yet in the casting world, and I don't expect it to any time soon.

smithy
07-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Try showfax.com.. they have an office in NYC. PS they are also part of breakdown services that sends out the breaks to all the talent agencies here in LA and NYC.

David Jimerson
07-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I find that the bizarre thing about posting on the Internet is that your ad gets reposted or referenced on all sorts of sites you never have even heard of.