PDA

View Full Version : WARDROBE for a shoot...

DVX100Shooter
07-24-2004, 01:57 PM
I am not sure if this question fits this forum but I am doing a Music Video shoot soon and my crew will be very very small just 3-4 people if that. Who's responsibility is it for wardrobe? Is it up to the Talent to pick out something to wear or is it up to the Director? I know for certain shots depending on lighting setups and the type of shot it is it could be up to the Director. I am not going to have a wardrobe person on set. However I want to have the outfits picked out well in advance of the shoot. The video is for a female POP singer.

thanks

Mike_Donis
07-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Well, if youre producing as well, then it's your job to decide who's job it is. On larger sets, you'd normally have a wardrobe person, but on very small shoots its not out of the question to have the talent wear their own clothes - normally OK'd by the director or producer though.

JonnyMac
07-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Here's what typically happens to those of us that are actors: we are asked to bring several (logical) changes of clothing and then we change were we can. *I did a JFK thing for the Discovery Channel last year and ended up having to change in a parking lot behind the grassy knoll (bad scheduling for the wardrobe and make-up trailer). *A passing train got an eyeful of me in my skivvies. *Good thing I'm not famous....

Woodson
07-28-2004, 11:05 PM
What I'm going to tell my actors is to go to a place like Value Village and get something between $20-$30, just any normal clothes that they would ware. They will give me a receit and I pay them back. Theres gonna be lots of blood on those clothes, so I don't want my actors to ware their own clothes for the shot.

THiNSPiRiT
07-29-2004, 01:35 PM
I suggest giving them the money *ahead* of time. Asking your actors to shell out their own money at anytime is a bad idea... they're already doing you a favour by being in your film...

Mike_Donis
07-29-2004, 04:56 PM
True that