PDA

View Full Version : My first "Planned short" - B movie inspi

matthewd5
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
hello.

i am about to do my first planned short, by that i mean that i have done mostly documentary work and i did one short that came out pretty well but we basically did it ad-lib where people made up stories as they went along.

i don't have a clue why but for some reason i thought of doing something roughly "B" movie like, and a little bit like Christine / Stephen King

Its one of those things where you use what you have, i have unlimited access to a 68 barracuda and a 67 camaro.

Forgive my vagueness but i'm just working off a rough idea and trying to write it now...

it would involve a christine type theme with perhaps a flashback where the main character had a hit and run where he killed someone way back when and now the car reappears.

the thought is to have it end where his girlfriend/wife is there when he wakes up and it was a nightmare and then the camera does a dolley move forward to and out the window and the car (barracuda) that was in the nightmare is out on the street.

i need a lot of help and i'm not sure where to start!

i am technically proficent at the dvx-100 but obviously not a writer.

matthew

HansK
10-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey, you should jump over to the screenwriting section for posting these types of questions. Might get more help.

matthewd5
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
hey, i'm stupid :)

i didn't see a screenwriting section and i even looked!

matthew

HansK
10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
i didn't see a screenwriting section and i even looked!

No worries! That's why we are all here to help each other out. ;)

dmitriandsnow
10-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Make sure they don't write a story for you in the screenwriting section or you will give credits of writing to "DVXUSER Screenwriting Community".
Good luck!