PDA

View Full Version : Children Actors - Where? how?

Young-H._Lee
12-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Hi guys

I need children actors for my film, only a few scenes, but I'm not really sure where to get them. Maryland is a small state and I've been placing ads in local sites, but not sure where else. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

J.R. Hudson
12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Possibly lace and ad or get in contact with the local theatre; maybe these folks have children? Or place an ad at the schools (not sure how young you are looking them to be).

J

HorseFilms
12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I hate working with children, so I hire midgets instead. ;D

sorry, I meant little people. :P

BLUESPIDER
12-03-2004, 10:22 AM
I think your local schools would be your best bet. Though working with child actors can be complicated. Watch out for some of the parents though, they can be a problem. Why don't you try using a relative or a neighboorhood kid you know and if they can't act, trained them daniel son.

Neil Rowe
12-03-2004, 10:30 AM
..i dont know how successful you would be going to a local school and asking if any young children would like to come and "act for you in your movie". *you will likely run into some serious scrutiny there from the faculty or from *the parents like spider said. and any parent who agrees is going to be watching you like a hungry hawk with their hands held out expecting to become a millionaire cause their kid is in your film. but i agree that finding them through *people you know may be best. *..anyway, imho its best to promote from within.. just about any kid is going to want to be in a movie, so you might as well give the ones you know a chance. i used my wifes little cousin once, and she did a phenominal job. id cast her again anyday if i had a part she would fit.

J.R. Hudson
12-03-2004, 10:51 AM
I hate working with children, so I hire midgets instead. ;D

sorry, I meant little people. :P

You mean like hobbits and pecks?

BLUESPIDER
12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
You mean like hobbits and pecks?

you mean like hobbits with little pecks? What the hell is a peck anyways? It just sounded wrong for some reason.

Mr. Lee, dude just lure the kids with candy. Leave a trail of candy to the film set. Some kid will find it. :)

Jim Brennan
12-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I've worked with kids. *I think the idea of using kids you know, or through local theatre goups is a good suggestion. *If you can get some with even a little experience it will help. *The 2 biggest problems I've had are: 1) (the obvious one) getting the little squirrels to fdo what you want, and 2) keeping them from looking at the camera.

And absolutely allow yourself 3x the amount of time you think you will need.

And show them an old board with rusty nails sticking out of it. Say "this is my friend, Rusty McMotivator. He will be in charge of you remembering your lines today" The ones that don't cry will deliver dead-on performances.

Barry_S
12-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Jim--you're an evil man..evil, but funny. Young--try mandy.com.

Jim Brennan
12-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Whaaat. My kids love me. They say I'm their favorite daddy. Sometimes they even bring me presents home from the sweatshop.

Slimothy
12-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I used to live in Maryland....Would probably move back if I didn't live in Cali. I think the local theatre and family members are the best idea.