PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick Please

mobiledeli
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
My high school has a tv show they play in the mornings called AM WIRED. In order to get on, you must submit a video. This years task is to create a video that shows how you would go about getting an announcement to be read to the school on the tv show.

It must include getting the sheet from the bin, filling out what you want the announcers to say in pen, dateing it, getting it signed by a teacher, and bringing it in by 2:00.

It can only be 1 minute long, and I can't think of anything that can be shrunk down to a minute, so do you guys have any ideas?

J.R. Hudson
12-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Shoot the entire process from a variety of angles and then cut it down into the 1:00. Check out Carrington's "TEA" short and see how the process of making TEA is wonderfully cut into nice eye candy and compressed for time.

mobiledeli
12-16-2004, 06:54 PM
that thought had crossed my mind, but i figured EVERYONES going to do that, and the class has a 20 person max. and 70 people are doing the movie, so im trying to think of something new and creative. BTW i say tea, and that was great!

J.R. Hudson
12-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Does this have to be factual documentary style or can you make it up?

mobiledeli
12-16-2004, 07:11 PM
"It must include getting the sheet from the bin, filling out what you want the announcers to say in pen, dateing it, getting it signed by a teacher, and bringing it in by 2:00. "

pretty much thats all that has to be factual. i was thinking of some funny ideas, but they just tured to crap.... im planning on shooting tomorrow too...

J.R. Hudson
12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Do some James Bond Mission Impossible skit. :-/

Good luck!

:D

mobiledeli
12-17-2004, 04:11 AM
hahah cool, i came up with some things last night, so im gonna think in school today.

AnarchyiNtheUS
12-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Remember you as the filmmaker control the time and space in the film. So what could take days or hours can be compressed into minutes.

But good luck coming up with ideas.

and Merry Christmas. :D

mobiledeli
12-18-2004, 08:10 PM
I went out and shot some of it, here's some grabs:

http://www.zoomforce.com/dvxuser/photos/images//352200345.jpg
http://www.zoomforce.com/dvxuser/photos/images//352200847.jpg
http://www.zoomforce.com/dvxuser/photos/images//352200725.jpg

antomic
12-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Great start! I know you're not finished, but definitely color correct all the shots so you're in the same world in such a short piece. Nice composition. Good luck.

stationhouse
12-19-2004, 01:41 PM
yeah your compositions look great. nice job, man. are you in high school? the next generation of filmmakers could be really interesting. i know so many high school students using nice dv cams and premiere at home. They are learning so much about putting a sequence together already.

good luck.

mobiledeli
12-19-2004, 07:16 PM
wow thanks! yeah im in high school, only a sophmore. and with the color correcting, i dont know how to do that so im gonna read up on it.

mobiledeli
12-19-2004, 08:21 PM
here's some more shots:
http://mobiledeli.50megs.com/AMWIRED.html

Larry Rutledge
12-20-2004, 10:40 AM
Nice shots, good job. Since it's only a minute long, why not post the whole clip so we can see the finished product.

stationhouse
12-20-2004, 10:50 AM
the most basic way of doing color correction is finding the color you want to remove and adding the compliment, or the opposite color on a color wheel. Some editing programs have this set up with a color wheel so it is easy - final cut has it that way and the immix turbo cube used to. I don't know that premiere does.

if not, find a decent color wheel and take a look at your whites. If they have a bit of green you might need to add a slight bit of magenta. If you have a bit of blue you can add a bit of orange, etc.

take care.
tom

mobiledeli
12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
alright, with the color correction, i kinda get it and ill try some stuff with it, as for the clip, i dont have any webspace that can host a clip, or a compressed file that can get compressed a lot.