PDA

View Full Version : music video

Paris
12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
hello
i know a young ladie who is a upcoming r & B singer, and she wants me to do her music video as soon as possible, the problem is i dont really know how to make a music video, could anybody give me some information on how to make a music video, or direct me to some good books or videos on making a music video. More importantly the editing part
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thank u

Woodson
12-29-2004, 08:41 PM
check this thread out..

http://www.dvxuser.com/cgi-bin/DVX2/YaBB.pl?board=Offtopic;action=display;num=10964372 39;start=5#5

Bermudaforce
12-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Paris,
Hey man, just make your video the best way you can make it. I shot mine 5 years ago and it sucked. But I know it's a learning experience for me. Your first music video will never be perfect but at least you will be making an effort. Just do it. oh yeah, make sure you light it good.

JPalisade
01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Just shoot it and stress the performance. I find that R & B is cut a little different. The cuts tend to be smooth - this depends on the track of course.

The artist needs to believe in their own performance so that the viewer may believe as well.

It is a stepping stone.

Cheesesailor77
01-13-2005, 02:34 PM
just like anything u need practice, and the only way to practice is to make videos.

If she's paying u to do it, go make some others first, either for some local kids in a garage band or just ask some friends to pretend to play a song u choose (thats what i did) before u takle a professional project. Ur first music video wont be very good.

KOVAROVA
01-13-2005, 05:15 PM
watch some RnB videos to get some inspiration. pay attention to the camera moves and edit pacing. keep it simple and be sure to get good coverage of the vocalist. make a shot list! even if you throw it away on the day it will help you pre-visualize it. before you shoot take digital stills of several angles of the vocalist's face. this way you will know which angle she looks best from before you shoot. she will want to look good so be sure to do your homework before you get on set.

best of luck! let us know how it goes.

check out
http://mvwire.com/

IncMedia
01-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Watch Music Videos all day. Learn From looking. Very helpful.