PDA

View Full Version : psychological profile

greggy
01-20-2005, 03:37 PM
after the ridiculousness of my last posting, (white man...) i decided the forget the dvx fan club and move to montana.

but i want to leave you with a story.

it was about noon in denver when marie left, not packing much other than throwing a nylon sack in the back seat. traveling west along i-70 she saw the gas needle hitting about 10:00- she'd better stop soon.
standing tall next to 98 audi, she rushed but making sure not to drip the fuel on her suede heels. but she fumbled, dropped and the cap. as she reached down her eyes caught something she never really attention to before- the tires.
along the outside edge her eyes followed what seemed to be a crack, or some sort of seperation. she paused, but soon was back, hoping to make it to grand junction before the sun set.
however the longer she sat, the more she began to think about that crack, what was the deal with it? she cared little about cars, but knew it wasn't right. then she saw the sign, 't***- the name you can trust auto repair!'
let me just have them check it out real quick, she thinks.
"whats the problem?" asks stan the 28 year old manager from the counter.
"i'm on my way to junction and i noticed a crack in my tire. i'm in a real hurry, can you take a look at it?"
"yep, you got a crack- i suggest new tires."- says stan. then tim walks up and says, "why would you leave your house on a trip and not check your tires?" finally mike the owner hears them talking, comes over and says, " if you would have read your owners manual you would have remembered to inspect your tires every 500 miles."
"is there anything i can do, seeing i dont have time to get new tires", she states intensely.
"why don't you have time? are you willing to die instead of waiting 3 1/2 hours for us to get to them?"- stan
"don't think wer'e going to do you any favors either, you should have taken care of this months ago!" mike argues.
slaming the door marie leaves, and is soon nearing the western slope. but then suddenly she feels a strange movement in the front of the car. could they be right? she wonders. she again pulls the audi off the road- this time in the little town of silt. approaching a weatherbeaten barn of a gas station, she sees an old man sitting lonley.
"can you help me out" - she calls before even stopping.
the man walks up to the window. " can you check out my front tire?" she again asks.
"crack- you my dear are going to need some new tires".
"i've been told... how far will they take me?"
"where do you need to go?"
"just outside of junction"
"how long you been driving?"
"four hours"
" i don't know for sure if you'll make it, but if it was me, i'd get new tires"
" i just dont have time"
"yeah i know,..but do this honey, keep the speed below 45 mph, and keep your windows down so you can hear if they start to seperate-you can hear the tread pieces hit the wheel well, you'll have to pull over then for sure."
she sighs, thanks him and is soon gone. about an hour later she arrives in junction. pulling into east memorial hospital. she dashes in the doors, passes the staff, and is soon in room 163.
there pouring her body over gram, tears overflow. her sister whispers, "shes been waiting for you'.
within moments the face to face medely continues till grandma passes away...

on the lonley drive home, marie reflects about life, its meaning, and its people.

so all i ask you is, 'who were you in this story?'

many times in life it is better to help where you can, than to tell others what they do wrong.

--please dont reply, i no longer support this forum- still peace to all.
GREGGY

J.R. Hudson
01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
The subject line of this post sums it up nicely; dont you think?

Shaw
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Dude, Montana Rocks!

Jim Brennan
01-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Sorry, but I gotta do it:

We tried to help. *This isn't an actors forum. *We gave you the best insights we had based on the info you gave us (which wasn't much). *When we looked for more info to base advice on, you pretty much told us it was none of our business. *To get information you need to give information. *It has to be more than "fix my problem" *Solving a problem usually requires a dialogue, which doesn't seem like something you were interested in. *

I especially like this part:

many times in life it is better to help where you can, than to tell others what they do wrong.

You ask for advice, but don't want anyone to tell you you are doing something wrong. *If you already had the answers, you wouldn't need the advice.

I think it's interesting that you say you "NO LONGER support this forum" *No longer? *When did you ever? *Most of the people here give as well as get.

J.R. Hudson
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Support this forum? Is there some kind of Donation thing going on?

tuface
01-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Is there a lesson we're supposed to be learning here?

Jim Brennan
01-20-2005, 11:21 PM
He thinks so. :-/

As for me, I'm usually smart enough to not bother shouting at the wind. I just get irritated when people slam this site.

dakotapod
01-20-2005, 11:31 PM
I could not agree with you more greggy. Your last thread was a simple basic question and all you got were long winded informative responses. * ::)

I mean, seriously, how hard is it to come up with a quick and simple answer to "How can I be a great actor like Kevin Spacey in 5 minutes with absolutely no effort or work?" ::)

Basic. Should be able to answer that in 10 words or less...
I for one apologize to you for your unfortunate treatment.

[insert ultra sarcastic smiley icon here]

10s
01-21-2005, 12:19 AM
There seems to be one constant answer to all questions regarding skill, it's also the answer to the famous old question, "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

Practice kid......that's right, practice.......now beat it.

gotta say it with a New York accent & attitude! ;)

J_Barnes
01-21-2005, 05:24 AM
This reminds me of a story as well.

Once upon a time, there was this joker named Greg that was trying to build a house. *

For many years, Greg had been preparing to build this house. *He had carefully gathered clippings from a magazine that depicted the exterior of the structure he intended to build. *He carefully poured over books about home decorating and he even took a class in home-made drapery, but for the life of him…he still couldn’t figure out why his house wasn’t going together as planned.

One day he wandered into a hardware store and announced that his house wasn’t being built very well. *Three of the employees rushed to the front to help their new customer who repeated, “My house ain’t going up well. *The walls don’t stand right so I can’t get the roof on.”

Salesman Joe replied, “Are you sure your poured the foundation level? *Maybe your walls aren’t standing at true vertical because your foundation isn’t level? *How cold was it when you poured the concrete? *You laid down rebar, right?”

Greg huffed, “There’s nothing wrong with my foundation. *Just tell me how to build a house and I’ll leave. *How do I get my roof up?”

Salesman Randy replied, “Well, you know if your walls aren’t square, you can’t count on them to support your roof. *Any tilt is going to unevenly distribute the weight of your rafters and that could skew your entire structure. *Are you sure you cut all your studs to length?”

Greg got even more agitated. *“You’re not answering my question, tell me how to build a house! *I can’t get the walls to stay up!”

Salesman Frank scratched his chin a bit and nibbled on the end of his stubby cigar. *“What kind of nails are you using to anchor your walls?”

Greg glared back at him and growled through clenched teeth, “What the hell is a nail?”

So the question to everyone here is: *Who were you in this story?

Many times in life it's just helpful to sell the asshole an outrageously expensive nailgun instead of finding out what he actually needs.

David Jimerson
01-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Wait -- this guy asks a poorly-worded question and it takes him a couple of replies to clarify what he was asking – and the original question sounded like “hey! Give me magic words so I can be a better actor without doing any actual work!” – he got honest and appropriate feedback . . . and then when he clarified, everyone chilled out . . .

Now, he’s presuming to lecture us about being nice to people but then doesn’t want anyone to fire back?

What is he, 10 years old?

David Jimerson
01-21-2005, 06:27 AM
And you know what? *Let’s look at that story a little bit more closely, the one which was supposed to be devastating, I guess . . .

So, the woman missed a loved one’s death, or came close . . . but it wasn’t because no one would help her; it was because she neglected her tires. *Maybe she was in a hurry, but there wasn’t anything anyone could do because she wasn’t willing to take the time to do what needed to be done. *It’s a sad story, but it was preventable. *It’s no one’s fault but hers.

No one she talked to could change the laws of physics and come up with some magic tire repair which would have gotten her there on time. *And no one she talked to had any idea she was racing the clock to get to a deathbed, so how could they possibly be accountable for insensitivity toward her? *To them, she was being a demanding, rude woman. *Are people just supposed to ASSUME that there’s a life-or-death situation involved? *You might say they could have cut her some slack, but there was NO slack to cut. *She needed new tires. *(Besides, no tire replacement takes 3.5 hours.)

Bottom line – if you want a better answer, ask a better question. *No one was asking questions to be nosy. *They were asking questions to help. *You don’t want to give the answers? *Fine. *But assume some responsibility here.

J.R. Hudson
01-21-2005, 11:39 AM
You guys are rockstars. :)

David Jimerson
01-23-2005, 10:13 AM
You know what? This guy "greggy" was the one who tried to tork people off in the "Screenwriting" forum by calling DVXuser a "cult." As was pointed out later, it didn't work and he got bent out of shape over it.

HorseFilms
01-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Wow. What a douche. Lighten up, Greggy.

SadMax
01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not actually *any* of the people in Greg's story.

I'm the guy in the background at the first gas station, who has just finished tanking up his car and bought a Pepsi, and I'm appalled and pissed off to see that this reckless, cares-nothing-for-anyone's-safety bitch is going to deliberately go out and drive on tires that may or may not blow out without warning, sending her car out of control, possibly into the oncoming lane or onto the shoulder where she could very easily kill other motorists coming the other way, or parked at the roadside.

I'm the guy who overhears this conversation, walks up, takes the keys from this stupid, silly, doesn't-give-a-fuck-about-her-fellow-man waste of skin, throws her keys as far as they will go, and then suggests that there is NOTHING IN THE WORLD that she could be late for, that justifies putting other people at risk, because she couldn't be bothered to properly and safely maintain her car.

That's who I would be, in Greg's story...

I guess y'all can draw your own conclusions about my psychology...

J.R. Hudson
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
:D

Jim Brennan
01-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Max, you have a gift. ;D