PDA

View Full Version : Schoeps

07-01-2004, 11:22 AM
I was wondering if any of you guys or gals use a Schoeps mic, either cardioid or hyper for sound. I'm planning on buying one since the sound reproduction is superb (as seen on other cams), and am planning to put it on a Lightwave boom. My question is whether anyone has mounted it on the DVX? The Schoeps picks up really subtle noise and pitch changes, so I was wondering if the DVX creates too much noise for the mic to be mounted. Thanks.

Barry_S
07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I haven't used a Shoeps, but they're at the elite level of mics. Using the Shoeps on your camera would be like a Victoria's Secret model agreeing to date you and taking her out for a corn dog. It'll work, but you probably won't be happy with the results.

oleg
07-01-2004, 12:49 PM
you can put it on the camera ,but relly it ment to do other things , and if you use it right (get agood mixer and really good mike suspention) it would make your dialog sounds better , the cut-1 is exellent low cut filter that you can use not to overload mikes pre it starts on 70 hz , the cut 2 starts on 40hz
depends on the sitution ,i sometimes place it as camera mike ( the last feuter i did with dvx -double system ,bouth cameras ran with schoeps mikes mounted on them to get another input of dyalog when the boom and the mikes wasnt useble .
if you use on camera , you have to place it about 20cm from the camera not to pick up to much noice (the 41 ,the 4 is not sogood at all)
for loud situations , thats really nice tool
and please everybody who love cheap tricks , dont write here that me 64 can do it in the 10% of the price, it cant .