PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! How do I go back to the GH1__132.bin firmware?!!

Filmkid2003
06-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Hey everyone. I took the plunge and updated my firmware using the "D" settings with Native 24p checked and now when I try to play back my footage, I get an error message that says something like "This kind of motion picture cannot be played back". So, I tried to update the firmware back to the original GH1__132.bin firmware but, when I put the SDHC card into the GH1 and press the playback button, I get an error message that says "There are no pictures" or something like that. I even tried formatting the SDHC card, putting the GH1__132.bin (which I renamed GH1__134.bin) onto the card, and then pushing the playback button and I STILL get the no pictures error message so, it won't update. I am using a Patriot 16GB Class 10 SDHC card. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how I get the original firmware back onto my GH1? Thanks.

alignment1
06-26-2010, 07:11 PM
using the ptool you have to create a 'new' firmware-- just with nothing checked- . The catch is that every time you update your firmware you must increase the increment number at the bottom, of the ptool interface. so even when reverting back to the original firmware you have to tell the camera it is a higher increment number.. make sense?

Filmkid2003
06-26-2010, 08:07 PM
So, if the last firmware hack I loaded into the camera was saaaaay GH1__133.bin, then the new firmware (which would have none of the boxes checked) should be named GH1__134.bin? Is that correct? And if so, how do I go about loading it into the camera so it will update the new firmware? When I loaded the "D" settings firmware onto the camera, I did it by just copying the GH1__133.bin file onto the SDHC card, inserted the SDHC card into my GH1 and then pushed the playback button and it updated to the new firmware on the card. But, now when I try to do that exact same thing with a GH1__134.bin file (which means I added an increment to the bin file), the camera just tells me that there are "no valid picture files" or something like that! What am I doing wrong?

Ozpeter
06-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Using the "version compare" tickbox will cause the version to be set back to zero - and thus any other version will be higher and will be loaded, including the original GH1 firmware.

But once you load the original GH1 firmware that will reset the firmware version number to the correct value, so if you want to go back and forward again, you need to use Ptool with "version compare" ticked again.

Filmkid2003
06-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks, Ozpeter. I'll try that. Do I also have to tick "Version change" when I tick "Version compare"?

Emilio Pace
06-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks, Ozpeter. I'll try that. Do I also have to tick "Version change" when I tick "Version compare"?

Tick Version Increment and Version Compare - set version increment to 2 so you end up with GH1_134.bin.

Once you have loaded that into the camera, you can then load the original GH1_132.bin from the Panasonic website (unpatched) to revert to the original firmware and version number.