PDA

View Full Version : native 24p

blues
06-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Am still grappling my way around with the hacks but finally got in and out of changing and restoring the firmwares with my GH1 and Gf1, the increment# and the bin#. So I am back to the original firmware, well not so original anymore since the numbers have change.

my question is if I dont avail of the native 24p available in the hack, can I still go thru the mjpeg #s and the bitrate #s of the hack.and still go thru the pulldown process to prores 422.

The reason is the native 24p seems not entirely reliable yet as I am still deinterlacing after as I edit with final cut.

Am asking the right question?please advise...

cbrandin
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Yes, you can still process video captured without the native 24p set into 24p. The only thing you lose is that color sampling is done in interlaced mode instead of progressive, which results in not quite as good color sampling. Otherwise, the results are still quite excellent.

The 422 will be interpolated as the camera produces 420.

Chris

cbrandin
06-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I guess in some MJPEG modes it is possible to get 422 color, but I don't know if the extra data is really there. I don't think the MJPEG can do 24p, so the conversion will stutter.

Chris