PDA

View Full Version : question for shooters who use gh1 for work

dv416
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
i've been reading all the hubbub lately about the new hack. it all sounds really cool, and i would really like to give it a whirl. problem is, i have several gigs coming up that i was planning on using the gh1 to shoot so i can't exactly afford any down time due to figuring out this new firmware.

is it safe to do yet (as of 6/17/10)??
what would you recommend?

ATL Media Group
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
i've been reading all the hubbub lately about the new hack. it all sounds really cool, and i would really like to give it a whirl. problem is, i have several gigs coming up that i was planning on using the gh1 to shoot so i can't exactly afford any down time due to figuring out this new firmware.

is it safe to do yet (as of 6/17/10)??
what would you recommend?

I too have gigs.. One on Saturday then Tuesday and next weekend. I flashed mine and got it set to work flawlessly with no crashes, glitches or problems. If you decide to try it, before shooting any paid work run your cards through a full record cycle, and keep a card ready with the official patch which you can quickly load "just in case".

MR Fanny
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
+1 have a spare card with official settings to fall back on

Tesselator
06-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Yup, sensible settings means total stability - at least as stable as what the factory shipped. In the off chance (almost nil) that it isn't the card contained firmware backup is an added safety net.