PDA

View Full Version : PTool 3.36 OK for GH1K?

cskilbeck
06-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi,

I have a GH1K - is this the same as a GH1? Will the firmware hack work or brick my camera

Cheers,
Charlie.

Adventsam
06-16-2010, 06:26 AM
I think, I dont see why the hack wont work;-)

MR Fanny
06-16-2010, 06:32 AM
K means its BLACK

I suggest you have a good read of the threads so you have a better understanding than just jumping straight into it. all or most of the answers are there.

cskilbeck
06-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks, I found the information I was looking for. For anyone else with the same question, the GH1 is the camera, GH1K is the model designation which means a black GH1.

Benibube
11-14-2010, 01:41 AM
We have done the HACK !!! (What ever it means)

Dont believe, that if you check: "prevent version compare" you may change anything on your camera.

We, me and a friend of mine, even cant come back to the Panasonic 1.32 firmware.

We both are on PAL only, cant do the "incamera playback", and so on.

Till now we couldnt find any who could help us, to repair our cameras... A great hack, no question. Anyway a perfect promotion idea, to perform the GH2. We payed for it.....

Benibube
11-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Doing "the Hack". We have done it.

The result was not like discribed. Maybe we made a mistake.

Fact is we have no chance to reinstall the 1.32 firmware.

Dont believe that if you check: "prevent version compare" you may change anything on/in your camera.

We, me and a friend of mine, both are now on PAL only, cant do the "incamera playback" anymore, and so on....

Till now we couldnt find any who could help us, to repair our cameras... ????????????????????????????????

Vitalis mailanswer was : I should read ! so as I could not, like many other hundred of asking people, having the same problem, her on the forum...

A great hack, for Panasonic, no question.

But for my friend me and the other hundreds ????? Think not !

Anyway a perfect promotion idea, to perform the GH2.

We payed for it.....not only with our cams, but also via donating Vitaly.....????

Blazer003 wrote, and we follewedhis instructions, now he doesnt even answer our mails....:

: Checking the version compare patch sets your firmware version to 0.0 on purpose. Why you ask? Because when you go to load a different firmware (hacked, original, whatever) the camera wants to see a higher version number or it wont install. This made us use the 'version increment' option in Ptool which adds .01 x the number you put in the field to each version. So the first time you put hacked firmware on the camera, it had to go from 1.30 to 1.31. Then, if you did it again, you had to go up to 1.32, and so on.

Now, because with the version compare hack, the camera thinks its current firmware is 0.0, any number of firmware you put into next time is considered to be higher.

Don't worry, as soon as you put on an original firmware, or if you put on a firmware without the "version compare" option checked, your firmware will be at the appropriate number (original will put it back to 1.30).

So to recap
1. Installing hacked firmware with 'version compare' selected in Ptool, it sets firmware to 0.0. This means any firmware version can be installed later.
2. Installing latest official Panasonic firmware sets the version to 1.30 (I believe) because it hasn't been hacked (obviously) to tell the camera it is firmware version 0.0.
3. If Installing hacked firmware again after installing official firmware or if for some reason you installed hacked firmware with 'version compare' off, you must use the version increment (in this case 1 to make it 1.31) to make it higher than the previous firmware so the camera will accept and install it.
-If you do not choose version compare, it will be 1.31 on the camera, and next time you'll need to enter 2 into the version increment field to make it 1.32 (and therefore higher)
-If you do choose version compare in pTool (which you should, for easier upgrading next time), the version will be 0.0 again, and the next firmware can be any old version number you want.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Benibube
11-14-2010, 04:31 AM
If you believe it, or not, Iam back on firmware 0:0

I didnt work out because of any written discription.

How I managed it ?

1.selected: Version increment
2. selected: version compare

3. downside on ptool3.5. row 2, between "Enter version increment":, and "Original - Modified" there is a "1" shown, that I changend in a "2"

Now firmware 0:0 ist shown again, PAL/SECAM and incamera, akku free, 30 Min off, etc everything is working again.
I stored it under 1.34

Why ? I dont know ! Who knows, may explain it.....

svecher
11-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Doing "the Hack". We have done it.
The result was not like discribed. Maybe we made a mistake.

It is stated in many places that "doing the 'Hack'" is performed at your own risk and without any expectations of results whatsoever. If you did not understand this but proceeded anyway then yes, you made the mistake.

Lpowell
11-14-2010, 10:55 AM
It's no longer advisable to experimnent with Version Compare and other potentially hazardous PTool patches. With PTool 3.50, you can simply download complete INI settings files that have already been tested for reliability. Here's what I recommend:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?215511-PTool-settings-sharing-thread&p=2039780&viewfull=1#post2039780