PDA

View Full Version : Production Design Commentary/DVD?

Macphilia
06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know of a movie on DVD that contains a special section/commentary on production design? Not just random comments here and there, but a dedicated section.

Or perhaps a DVD just on production design?

I’d like to research production design for my feature film….
Thanks!!!

Christopher

AlexD
06-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Not the best films in the world, but I remember watching saw 2 with the commentary on and David Hackl (who went on to become a director of 5) is featured prominently, as is the DP and editor.

Artman009
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Also, oddly enough, I remember the Blade II (http://www.amazon.com/Blade-II-New-Line-Platinum/dp/B00005JKWJ) DVD (Region 1) having a lot of behinds the scenes footage where they dropped a ton of information on the lights they used, the costumes they made, and I believe stuff on their set design. Can't say for sure since it's been a few years. It's worth checking out regardless.

Hope this helps.

Macphilia
06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks! I appreciate all the help from everyone!!!

Sad Max
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I'd be surprised if the Avatar DVDs don't have some extras covering the Art Department. It was certainly a design-intensive show.

Macphilia
06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Sad Max, I can just imagine that! LOL At some point, there will probably be a 20 DVD set with extras.....

Sad Max
06-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't know - I was surprised and disappointed by the 'art of' books for Avatar. I mean, if ever any film just cried out for great 'art of' books...not to mention the missed profit opportunity...

...maybe the expanded 'art of' content will appear in the form of discs, like you say. Could happen.