PDA

View Full Version : Cough Syrup Solution

Alan Certeza
05-19-2010, 03:04 AM
hello fellow peeps,

I'm looking to find a solution that would mimic green cough syrup and that won't kill the talent.

I have tried green food coloring with water. have tried water down smoothie, and green food coloring with milk that almost made me throw up.

so does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Burritoclock
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I would take a fake blood recipe, use less corn syrup, and color it green. It's not going to be a fantastic thing to eat/drink but it could work.

Sad Max
05-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah, try light Karo syrup with some green food coloring - go easy with the food coloring until you hit the color you want, that stuff is very concentrated.

Glad to see you're avoiding a dumb mistake I made, giving real bourbon to an actress in a drinking scene. She was supposed to hold it rather than drink it but, well...talent, you know.

KMR
05-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Glad to see you're avoiding a dumb mistake I made, giving real bourbon to an actress in a drinking scene. She was supposed to hold it rather than drink it but, well...talent, you know.

Ah, yes, remember Lucy and Vitameatavegamin? "Are you unpoopular? Do you pop out at parties?"

Sad Max
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
If only my actress had been that coherent, by the mid-point of the night's shoot...

Blaine
05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Or you could make a simple syrup by boiling 2 cups of sugar in a cup of water. After it cools do your food coloring thing.

Sad Max
05-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Mmm. Sweet, sweet sticky napalm...

Tommy K
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Clear Karo syrup as someone else mentioned. Add food coloring.