View Full Version : What kind of studio setup do I need to find to get this?

05-18-2010, 08:44 AM

I'm looking to shoot a simple music performance in a studio and I want to have a white background with coloured light shining through it, the idea being I'll change the colours to have a big colourful video.

I've found two examples of this in large and small settings where you have the background. What is this called, the setup, please?

Basically I don't know what I'm actually looking to hire so it's a bit hard at the moment! Cheers!



05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
In the first video it looks like they are using an infinity wall, which is just a white wall that curves at the bottom (like a mini quarter-pipe for skateboarding.) They front lit it with scoops gelled with various colors. The second video looks like a scrim that is backlit. Scrims are semi transparent material that goes opaque when you front light it, and transparent when you backlight it.