PDA

View Full Version : Would you do with $300.000

Zackfilms
05-14-2010, 07:39 AM
What would you do if someone give you $300.000 and the story is 100 years a go in England how can you make it look like 100 years a go what technic you will use in terms of the setting ? any idea? please. thankx

Zak Forsman
05-14-2010, 01:07 PM
First, I would more or less plan to spend $100k on cast, $100k on marketing, and $100k on production and post.

Sad Max
05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Start by researching what 1910 England looked like.

Fashions, interior decorations, architecture, general technology - really you need to determine what the actual story calls upon you, to show. If your story is set in the East End of London you're going to be doing something very different than if it's set in Knightsbridge, or say, Henley-on-the-Thames. If your characters are gentleman club-goers you'll be needing something different than you'd want for Geordy coal miners...

Zackfilms
05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
First, I would more or less plan to spend $100k on cast, $100k on marketing, and $100k on production and post.
how u gonna do the set to make the scene look like 100 years a go.. r u gonna use after effect or how u gonna set you shot ...

Sad Max
05-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Do you really expect that anyone will be able to step-by-step your production for you? You are going to have to:

(1) Break down your script so as to know what you need

(2) Do the research - books, photos, illustrations, paintings, films - to determine what the things that you have found out you need look like

(3) With your budget in mind, figure out how to build/locationeer/borrow/dress/model/composite the things that you can afford, and cut what you can't

(4) This is less relevant to your actual question than to your general presentation: if you intend to work with professionals (or seek their advice) you really ought to consider writing and spelling like one, yourself. 'how u gonna' is the communications equivalent of wearing a fluorescent neon yellow t-shirt screaming amateur. Why should people bother to try and help you out, if you can't even bother to write out full words when asking?

Alan Certeza
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
What would you do if someone give you $300.000 and the story is 100 years a go in England how can you make it look like 100 years a go what technic you will use in terms of the setting ? any idea? please. thankx

what exactly is your role? Art Director? Production Designer? Props? Set Dec? Or are you just the Art Department?

Working in Seattle as a Prop Master and as a Assistant Art Director, you would first contact all you local vendors for film loan outs. For the most part they either require a credit card for a deposit or a 10% restocking fee. But really having the time to let them understand that it's a little to no budget film and breaking it down and possibly offering them credit in the film as a sponsor could work.

If that doesn't work out for you and you really want to impress your Director and Producers, I would just buy all the props and do returns. Have an assistant, prop master, and set dresser know the value of things and just return them.

But your number one stop is your local Good Will.

Good Luck and happy bargain hunting!

Chris Light
05-15-2010, 02:00 AM
if you intend to work with professionals (or seek their advice) you really ought to consider writing and spelling like one, yourself. 'how u gonna' is the communications equivalent of wearing a fluorescent neon yellow t-shirt screaming amateur. Why should people bother to try and help you out, if you can't even bother to write out full words when asking?
Sticky, please.

Shaneuk
05-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I would buy 300,000 Lottery tickets.

CB_Radio
05-17-2010, 08:51 AM

If I the person being given the $300.000 is you, my suggestion would be to hire somebody who knows what they're doing. Then take some kind of producer credit and let them make the film.