PDA

View Full Version : technical questions for shoot this weekend

ad777
04-29-2010, 01:24 AM
hi, im wondering what the best way to conserve battery power is. i ordered extra batteries, but some of my new equip is being delayd.

i have my t2i set to auto turn off after 2 min. does turning the camera on and off take more power then leaving it on? say i do a take and then spend 2 min giving the actors some direction. is it worth it to turn it off and on inbetween that?

i just got my camera and am still waiting for my card to get here in the mail, so i unfortunatly wont have time to do much testing. i was wondering what peoples opinion/experience was with ISO and noise. what is a good ISO for the T2i before you start to get noticible noise? im shooting at an abandoned farm house with available light coming through the windows, so i'd like to keep my ISO low, but i'd also like to shoot at an F4 if i can. just wondering at what ISO i should consider stopping down.

thanks

PerroneFord
04-29-2010, 05:31 AM
i just got my camera and am still waiting for my card to get here in the mail, so i unfortunatly wont have time to do much testing. i was wondering what peoples opinion/experience was with ISO and noise. what is a good ISO for the T2i before you start to get noticible noise?

I shoot the Canons at a maximum of ISO 320 and have been quite pleased with how it projected.

im shooting at an abandoned farm house with available light coming through the windows, so i'd like to keep my ISO low, but i'd also like to shoot at an F4 if i can. just wondering at what ISO i should consider stopping down.

What did it meter to? If you've set the ISO, the shutter speed, and the frame rate, there is only one magic number for exposure. It would be impossible for us to even guess at it.

ad777
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
thanks you answered my question about the ISO. i was just wondering what ISO i should consider stoping down to a 2.8 to avoid going to. so keeping it at 320 is what i wanted to know. if i need more light at a 320 f4 ill go to 320 f2.8 vs 400 f4.

Captain Jack
05-06-2010, 06:51 AM
With the T2i you should be comfortable shooting up to 1600 ISO with out negative artifacts. As far as battery, YES. Turn off your camera. My experience with my T2i battery is it gets sucked dry fast. Turning it off will also prevent the overheating of the camera.

cjwolff
05-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I shoot the Canons at a maximum of ISO 320 and have been quite pleased with how it projected.

Agreed. 320, or multiples of 160, have been proposed as the optimal ISO for this sensor. As a matter of fact, Vincent Laforet endorsed this during his webcast last weekend.