PDA

View Full Version : Really weird problem!! Help please!

riflyproductions
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, so i've asked around and everyone I ask does not understand why this wont work.

SO,
-I have a CF card reader,
-I bring the footage into the computer (not through iphoto, just to the desktop)
-convert to ProRes 422 in compressor.

after doing so, the footage plays back completely fine in quicktime, but, for some reason, once brought into FCP does not play back. it lags and what not.. it does this in the viewer and the canvas. This is very odd and I've never seen it before.
Also, i thought, maybe my FCP is broken? No, it plays back regular dv footage completely fine.... is it my settings?

Also, when i try to log and transfer, it says that my CF reader has unsupported media or a invalid directory structure....

Please help. Im losing my mind. thanks guys..and girls....

jonE5
04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
apple, it just wor....oh?

Sorry man, maybe try a re-install of Final Cut?

Anyone else have any tips?

jordini99
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
What are your sequence settings? Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think log and transfer may be only for P2 cards, XDCAM and the like.

riflyproductions
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
For the Log and transfer there was apparently like a new plugin so you can use a card reader specifically for the 7D's and such. Im pretty sure i installed it but ill try again. heres the plugin, http://philipbloom.co.uk/2010/03/22/final-cut-plug-in-to-import-footage-directly-into-pro-res-with-fix-to-make-it-work-with-rebel-t2i-550d/ .

Ben_B
04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey guys, so i've asked around and everyone I ask does not understand why this wont work.

SO,
-I have a CF card reader,
-I bring the footage into the computer (not through iphoto, just to the desktop)
-convert to ProRes 422 in compressor.

after doing so, the footage plays back completely fine in quicktime, but, for some reason, once brought into FCP does not play back. it lags and what not.. it does this in the viewer and the canvas. This is very odd and I've never seen it before.
Also, i thought, maybe my FCP is broken? No, it plays back regular dv footage completely fine.... is it my settings?

Also, when i try to log and transfer, it says that my CF reader has unsupported media or a invalid directory structure....

Please help. Im losing my mind. thanks guys..and girls....

Are your RT settings set to Safe RT? Top of the timeline, left side.

riflyproductions
04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Are your RT settings set to Safe RT? Top of the timeline, left side.

yes sir they are, i messed around with those settings and nothing works... It still isnt working :/

riflyproductions
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
So ive been reading around on other forums ect, and found one person with the same problem. apparently its just a setting issue im having in FCP regarding playing back 1080 24p footage. Only problem is, after the person figured it out, they didn't post how they solved it, just "I figured it out" haha. Can anyone tell me their specific timeline settings ect they use when editing 7D 1920 X1080 24P footage? Thanks for the help

-R

haircut
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Create a new sequence, drop a clip in it and when FCP prompts that the settings don't match the clip, let the program change them. FCP does a great job working around conforming issues. I edit at 1440x1080 on a 23.98 timebase with no problems.

Laggy playback sounds more indicative of hardware (under)performance. What are the specs on your machine, and what version of FCP are you using?

jonE5
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
so you figured it out, and didnt post how you fixed it? lol