PDA

View Full Version : 7D Battery Life

armisiano
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Anyone spent a whole day out shooting video with the 7D yet? How'd the battery hold up? What would you say is the rough life span of one full charge while out shooting?

For the sake of this discussion, let's ignore the BG-E7 Battery grip. We know what it does. Not the point.

William_Robinette
03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't know about how long one charge lasts as this depends a lot on how much you run the live view and record. I let my camera stay on for 30 minutes before it automatically sleeps (up from the 2 minutes that I think is the factory default) in order to frame shots and such and I have never run through more then two batteries in a day of shooting for 6 hours or so at a time in a short film environment.

Zak Forsman
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
yes, just yesterday. shot for four hours, essentially non-stop, and the battery was just barely tapped out. I carry three with me so I can go for 12 hours.

cheezweezl
03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
in a typical 12 hour day i have been going thru 2-3 batteries. i only have 2 and they charge faster than you can burn them so as long as you have access to power, you'll never get stuck.

armisiano
04-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Thanks. Sounds good. I'm thinking of having 4 batteries and using the BG-E7 Battery grip. If I do that I should be pretty darn set.

jonE5
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Depending on how long you leave the live view on between takes, i usually find that 1 full battery lasts about the same as a 16GB card.

I have 2 non oem batteries that i got for $20 shipped (for the pair and a charger)

works great