PDA

View Full Version : First footage from short film shot with Canon T2i

paulgandersman
03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey all, shot some footage yesterday for an experimental short I am doing with an actress titled THE UNTIMELY DEATH OF JACQUELINE LEAL. i'm just very happy with what the camera gave me and wanted to share. it is PASSWORDed so please don't spread it anywhere else as I don't really like spreading stuff on the internet until it is done, but I know the footage junkies here (like me) would appreciate it ;)

PASSWORD: jlpg

*note - this is weird, i did the cool 2:35:1 crop thing that Philip Bloom showed how to do recently and it works on the vimeo site but NOT when embedded here using the V button. (what I mean is no black bars on top and bottom) :/ wonder if it has to do with it being a private video?

Chamber005
03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Looks nice. Pretty girl.

Obviously I would have enjoyed seeing something with a more "filmic" framing as this felt more like videography, but it's nice to see footage coming out of the new Canon.

Keep it up!

Jarrett P. Morgan
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
yeah, looks good.
I can't wait to get mine!

may I ask what lens?

paulgandersman
03-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Canon EF 50mm 1.8

Jawa Ex Machina
03-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Looks great!

The ratio looks fine to me though. Black bars and everything.

Btw, you know these forum threads turn up on google searches, right? If it's a private video you might not want to write your password in the thread, especially together with the title of the short.

FixMix
03-27-2010, 05:33 AM
What settings did you have as picture style? (There was no post-pro, right?)

morgan_moore
03-27-2010, 06:48 AM
evil highlights !

I think you need to ND age

S

paulgandersman
03-27-2010, 11:50 AM
What settings did you have as picture style? (There was no post-pro, right?)

i just shot with "standard" pic style, i shot with one of the flat styles before but did not like the results of skin tones in post at all.

yes there was some minimal color correction done in post.