PDA

View Full Version : Any one know what is the minimal speed memory card for 7d video?

1STUNNA-REESE.NING.COM
03-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I purchased a 7d the other day and I'm having a problem with playing back the footage in any formate. If I record about 30 sec of footage it will only play back 10 sec on the camera lcd screen but you can still hear the audio. When I upload it to the computer and try to play it on quick time Im getting the same result. I have the promaster 16gb compact flash card but it is only 20mb. Is this my problem? Thanks

ydgmdlu
03-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't know what your problem is, but a card that can write at 6 MB/s and higher should be fine.

Rory_B
03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Is it UDMA? If not that could be your issue. If it is I'd say either try a new card or get a new camera.

GRENCH
03-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I purchased a 7d the other day and I'm having a problem with playing back the footage in any formate. If I record about 30 sec of footage it will only play back 10 sec on the camera lcd screen but you can still hear the audio. When I upload it to the computer and try to play it on quick time Im getting the same result. I have the promaster 16gb compact flash card but it is only 20mb. Is this my problem? Thanks

I only trust ScanDisk. I started with 8gb 15mbps cards and they never let me down. I would go with a ScanDisk 16 at at least 30mbps. If you have problem from there I would be a little worried.

jonE5
03-27-2010, 08:43 AM
i have 2 kingston 16gb 133x cards that work fine.

ydgmdlu
03-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I only trust ScanDisk.
I've never heard of the ScanDisk brand. AFAIK, ScanDisk is a command-line utility in Windows that checks the integrity of hard disk volumes. I admire, though am perplexed by, your absolute confidence and unshakable loyalty for a no-name brand!

Green Hornet
04-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I've never heard of the ScanDisk brand. AFAIK, ScanDisk is a command-line utility in Windows that checks the integrity of hard disk volumes. I admire, though am perplexed by, your absolute confidence and unshakable loyalty for a no-name brand!

This is so funny! :2vrolijk_08:

Halfcan
04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
This is so funny! :2vrolijk_08:
I agree. Better take a look at your cards again to check the manufacturer.

kevin gallagher
05-01-2010, 04:22 AM
I really would like to know the answer to the OP's question as well. I have some SDHC class 4 cards that I'm sure would work okay for stills but I wonder if I can use it for video also. I'm positive the SDHC class 6 cards will work since they work in the JVC HD cameras. I'll have my T2I Monday so I'll find out myself soon enough.

cheers
K

Kastro
05-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I really would like to know the answer to the OP's question as well. I have some SDHC class 4 cards that I'm sure would work okay for stills but I wonder if I can use it for video also. I'm positive the SDHC class 6 cards will work since they work in the JVC HD cameras. I'll have my T2I Monday so I'll find out myself soon enough.

cheers
K

I've been able to record using class 4 cards although class 6 is recommended. When I inserted another class 4 I got the same results as the OP and I thought it just wasn't a 'good enough card'. Needless to say, I formatted the card via the camera and it was fine.

So my suggestion would be first try formatting the card ON the camera if you have any issues.