PDA

View Full Version : sony hxr nx5u FCP IMPORT PROBLEMS

David B.
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
My friend has a sony hxr nx5u. When importing a 2 hour clip using log and transfer it takes about 12hours. We've tried the program clip wrap, but the footage comes out stuttery and with no audio. He is running a MBP 2.2ghz 2gb ram with FCP 7.

Any help would be appreciated!:violin:

Abu Reno
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
My friend has a sony hxr nx5u. When importing a 2 hour clip using log and transfer it takes about 12hours. We've tried the program clip wrap, but the footage comes out stuttery and with no audio. He is running a MBP 2.2ghz 2gb ram with FCP 7.

Any help would be appreciated!:violin:

I've been all over the forums, unfortunately you're on your own.

If your only problem is that it's taking too long then you should be extremely happy. The horror begins in post. As for clipwrap, don't waste your time. I'm not saying it sucks but does not work well with NX5U footage. I had no audio then all of a sudden it worked! When it did work there was a 1/2 second mute before every take. So I finally gave up. Not trying to discourage you but if anyone can help, I'm all ears!

Final Cut isn't AVC friendly at all. I've heard Vegas and Edious are much better handling AVCHD files.

grownupboy
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
this is a fairly well known problem at this point - final cut has issues transcoding clips shot with pcm audio in camera. switch your camera to dolby digital and the capture should be quicker than real time.

doesn't help with your current clips - but at least you'll know for the future.

hopefully we'll see a fcp patch for this sooner than later...
k