PDA

View Full Version : The Hitchcock Script Fest

alex whitmer
03-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Not to take anything away from the finalist round up here in Betrayal Fest, but with the bulk of viewing and commenting over, I want to remind folks to stop in over at the script fest now in full swing.

Some great scripts, and who knows, you just might meet your dream writer for the next DVXuser film fest - and we all know there is no film fest without a script.

14 scripts. 14 DVXuser community writers. Let's show them our support and check out their wares. I still have a few days of internet service left, so what better way to spend it than drinking my last bottle of cheap writer's wine and taking 14 little journeys.

Where is Rodney and his take-no-prisoners promotion skills?

alex

Nemesis TS
03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Is this a prelude to the next film fest? I'm ready to start preplanning for the next one.

Christopher Blake
03-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I have started reading some of them. Good stuff.

alex whitmer
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
'Is this a prelude to the next film fest? I'm ready to start preplanning for the next one.'

- Nemesis TS

That wasn't officially announced - unlike Betrayal Fest - but I think it's a great start to find that writer who fits your brand / style of making films.

Or if nothing else, get the script-reading eyes oiled for that inevitable process of finding your next-fest material. Be sure also to read the comments on why something worked (or didn't).

I am of the correct opinion that filmmakers, even those who write their own material, need be as astute at knowing a good script/story as they are at knowing good sound, good lighting and good cinemetography - and good beer/pizza.

You don't have to be an architect to know how to build a house, but you damn well better know how to read blueprints.

MrSeth
03-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Almost done reading all the scripts from the hitchcock fest....... very very impressive!!

Rodney V. Smith
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Where is Rodney and his take-no-prisoners promotion skills?

alex

Catching up on my real life work. Demands of the job and what-not. Sorry!

How logn is Scriptfest on for anyway?