PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Doritos ad for Canadian Contest. Shot with 7D.

fbordez
03-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Hi,

I shot this ad with the 7D, and mostly the 50 1.4.
Lighting with a dual 500W construction light and a 1000W photoflex softbox.
Sound with H4n.

Tell me what you think.

http://bit.ly/cj3vo5

If you like it please forward it to your friend to help me in the contest.

Thanks

-Francois

kevinottawa
03-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Oh no, not another, buy our product and you get laid / break up a marriage spot lol
Nice one, looks like a lot of effort

fbordez
03-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh no, not another, buy our product and you get laid / break up a marriage spot lol
Nice one, looks like a lot of effort
Thanks for your comment.
I guess half of the ads are like that. It's the easy path I agree. I promess to be more original for my second one. :)

ROCKMORE
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi,

Tell me what you think.

The opening bedroom shots are good, and starting to go somewhere.

In the end unfortunately Doritos, stocks dropped 40 points on the NYSE, and your agency lost the account.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but instead of being more creative on the next spot, maybe you can rewrite / re-cut this one and save your agency's Doritos account. The footage looks good, but the end is a bummer.

Ian-T
03-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I thought that looked pretty good. I liked the quick semi-slow motion in the beginning.

It would have been a lot funnier if the guy in the bed was like 90 years old and the boyfriend was some kind of athletic Jock.

ROCKMORE
03-13-2010, 09:57 PM
It would have been a lot funnier if the guy in the bed was like 90 years old and the boyfriend was some kind of athletic Jock.

There you go, that re-write may save your Doritos account.

NYSE rebounds.

Good move T.

Skilled
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Or...instead of him coming home for her..he went to the kitchen for doritos to watch tv and eat them in bed!

japollner
03-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I think if you had brought the music back in after it cuts to the chip (Right after she takes a bite) it would have brought the fun back into it. The way it is now, its kind of a boring end.

Jay Birch
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
you could also go controversial and have the guy offer a dorito to the other guy and then end on him walking over to the bed smiling.... it would also tie in with your "spicesome" title.

fbordez
03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
you could also go controversial and have the guy offer a dorito to the other guy and then end on him walking over to the bed smiling.... it would also tie in with your "spicesome" title.
Actually the cute little laugh at the end was open to interpretation in that ___some spirit for people who want to see it that way. :)

fbordez
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
I thought that looked pretty good. I liked the quick semi-slow motion in the beginning.

I just went with the target market of the Doritos for the guy in the bed. But if it was an ad campaign it would be funny to have many different versions with old guy, chick, fireman (spicy), etc in the bed.

hotchip
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
We also just finished a spot for the contest, but shot it on the Phantom in slow motion. It was shot at 300 fps.

Warning: May contain explicitly hot scenes! ; )

http://bit.ly/aMOXGP

ROCKMORE
03-31-2010, 11:03 PM
We also just finished a spot for the contest, but shot it on the Phantom in slow motion. It was shot at 300 fps.

Warning: May contain explicitly hot scenes! ; )

http://bit.ly/aMOXGP

Phantom's a great camera. what lenses did you shoot with?