PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Jitters

Chris_Keaton
03-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Anyone know how I can view some of these shorts without jittering. Some play just fine others stop and start like mad. The only time I've seen this before was with online(HD) videos? I've got a faster computer coming, but there's got to be a software fix?

The jittering happens in Quicktime and VLCplayer?

Chris_Keaton
03-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Looks like it might just be some movies? I've ran into a batch that view just fine. hmmmm

AJ Brooks
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I tested my entry out on my parents computer, which is considerably slower, and it had jitter problems.

I tried out entries with lower resolution, the 720x404 were fine, but 1024 and up had some issues.

Chris_Keaton
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I figured it out. My computer is just too damn slow. I shut all other processes off and all but a little jittering has stopped. I can't wait for my new pc.

Luis_
03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Another thing to consider is the fact that there are about 36 films in .mov format and some in mp4 and some in m4v, I really would love to suggest 1 solid format for the next fest.

Some movies open to play in iTunes some in Quicktime and some in FLV Player.

Were you having issues with all 3 types?

Gohanto
03-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Another thing to consider is the fact that there are about 36 films in .mov format and some in mp4 and some in m4v, I really would love to suggest 1 solid format for the next fest.

Some movies open to play in iTunes some in Quicktime and some in FLV Player.

Were you having issues with all 3 types?

Well, plus those are just the wrappers. The actual codecs used in the films are likely even more varied.