PDA

View Full Version : betrayalFEST - VIEWING NOW OPEN

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THINGS HAVE CHANGED A BIT. IF YOU DON'T READ THIS CAREFULLY.... SHAME ON YOU :)

We are happy to announce that the films of betrayalFEST are now live and available for public viewing and rating.

The rating system is slightly different this time.

Here are the changes:
There will be two sets of ratings for all of the films this time. One set that is per the norm (submitting filmmakers or dvxuser members with 50 or more posts). This category of ratings is what will decide the usual winners as well as allocation of any physical prizes (should there be any).

HOWEVER, everyone is now welcome and encouraged to rate the films for the benefit of the filmmakers. There are two types of feedback that filmmakers receive in DVXFest. Direct feedback in the form of written word in their individual film discussion threads. And, the ratings of the films on an individual basis using a 10 point system (10 being the uber-awesome-highest rating available. Both are invaluable.

You don't even need to be a dvxuser member to vote. guests are welcome as well. At the very least, ratings from dvxuser members with less than 50 posts and from non-dvxuser members alike will provide yet another set of feedback from a broader audience for the filmmakers benefit. At best, it will serve as an additional tier of acknowledgement for the filmmakers. "Audience Favorite" category if you will.

Please note, that the opening of the ratings system to additional members/guests is a first time attempt, so we aren't placing a lot of weight on it, and it is (and likely always will be, should it survive) IN ADDITION TO the usual voting structure. It's not a replacement of or merely expansion of the previous rating guidelines that decide prizes and such.

It would be like this:
DVXFest Member Vote (dvxuser members with 50 or more posts, or submitting filmmakers regardless of post count) - This decides our usual winners and prize distribution (should there be any)

Audience Vote - This includes all eligible votes from the above category as well as all other ratings from any other person who would like to participate, be they dvxuser members or not. These results will likely be provided along with the DVXFest Member Vote results. They may be provided strictly for informational purposes, or they may be provided as an additional set of acknowledgements. We reserve the right to make this decision at the time of the final winners announcement, and we have had the opportunity to properly examine the success or failure of this new voter inclusion. We have only the goal for this fest of providing these results for the benefit of the filmmaker as another set of data for indirect feedback. Anything beyond that is simply gravy.

There may, or may not, also be an additional category of acknowledgements in the form of a panel organized by dvxuser staff/administrators and made up of industry professionals. This may or may not include additional prizes. i.e. screening at additional film festivals, public review/interview of film/filmmaker(s), etc, etc.

--

Ok... so, everyone can vote.. great... how do I do it?
I will provide a link at the end of this thread where you can download and rate the films right there on the same page as you watch them.

You are strongly encouraged NOT to try to *rank* the films as you vote. The system does a great job of taking care of that.

1 is worst. 10 stars is best in the rating system. Please approach the rating from the standpoint of merely providing that individual filmmaker indirect feedback on how his/her film was received by you on a scale of 1 to 10. you can have multiple films rated the same. That is completely fine. You watch a film, you think it was an 8 out of 10 stars, you rate it as such, and you move on to the next one. rinse and repeat. View and rate the films individually as much as possible. The system is at its best when you do this.

You may change your ratings as much as you like within a given round. Meaning, in round one if you watched a film, maybe it didn't resonate as strongly with you on first viewing, you gave it a 6. You viewed it again, or thought about it, and decided that the film was worthy of a better (or worse score). Feel free to just click the star rating you would like to change it to. You can do this until that round of voting is complete. At the time that a round of voting is completed, those votes are locked and carried over to any later rounds. Later rounds are to help equalize the number of votes, allow you to vote on finalist films that perhaps you did not get around to viewing and rating in the previous round, as well as to allow new voters the opportunity to view and rate a more limited number of films.

---

What you definitely should NOT do:

If you vote beg in any way, and we find out, we'll dq you immediately from competition, and possibly even remove your film from the fest entirely. DO NOT BEG FOR VOTES. Promote the fests. Promote your film, and your peers films, just don't tell people to go and vote for your film. Encourage them to vote, that is fine... You get what I'm saying. common sense stuff. :)

Do NOT try to rig the voting system. Don't over-value your film. don't under-value what you think is your likely competition. Don't give perfect 10's to all the films you worked on and then ignore everyone else or rate them down, etc, etc.... Its' just not cool. Please respect the system and your peers and just give them honest feedback indirectly by rating their films anonymously, and (if you can spare them the time) certainly provide direct feedback in their threads.

---

anyways... blah, blah, blah... :)
Ok. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED DVXUSER MEMBER make sure you log in to the viewing page using your dvxuser credentials. Don't vote without being logged in. Guest votes are only for people who are not registered dvxuser members. Non-dvxuser members may also vote. They don't need to log in or register or anything. Their votes will be remembered and they can also change their ratings just as anyone else can. However, repeating. you MUST log in using your dvxuser credentials if you are a dvxuser member. Guest voting (not logged in) is only for non-dvxuser members.

I think that covers it... sorry for the ramble. I'm sure I wasn't as clear as I needed to be on some of this stuff, so feel free to post up any questions/concerns in this thread and we'll be happy to address them.

--

TECHINICAL ISSUES:
If you encounter any technical issues in the downloading, viewing, voting process pleae post here so that we may address it.

Have fun....
http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:14 PM
bump. sorry i made you read that rambly long post :)

Norm Sanders
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Here we go!!!

Norm Sanders
03-06-2010, 04:16 PM
1st Technical issue ... can't open the link. :(

ramsaur
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I got a 404 not found page

pborghee
03-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Its not letting me open the link. Its giving me:

The requested URL /betrayalfest/index_r1.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ki-Ki
03-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Try just making it an index, here:

(Guessed it, designed enough websites! sorry!) :D

Chris Messineo
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Try this: http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/

Norm Sanders
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I find that at the current, if you shorten the link to just the "betrayalfest/" and cut it off at that poing, it'll get you in. If I try to download a zip from THAT page, then I still get the 404 page ... so then I have to click on the link to force download (vs. waiting for the page to come up), and that took me to the actual index page ... where I've currently got a couple of zip files downloading from.

Edit: What Chris said.

seanmcleod
03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
betrayal0010.zip seems to be linked to 0009.zip and a lot of the other zip's are dead links

Jason Ramsey
apologize about that... posted the wrong link :) oops...

good to go now...

laer,
Jason

pborghee
I assume the zip files arent working since its giving me a 404 error and the bytes are 0?

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
the link in the original post was incorrect... had the wrong one pasted from when we were testing the voting changes... sorry about that.

www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest is all that is needed to get where yo need to go. the /index.php is not required, but that is the full url

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Zips are working. filesize is not correctly stated. I just tried a zip and it worked fine.

Filims are on three different mirrors hit in a load balanced way. it is possible that one of the mirrors did not properly receive some or all of the zips. Larry will look into it.

In the meantime, if you have an issue with a film or a zip file, and can't get it to download or a film is corrupted, the best thing to do is to try downloading again and try to get a different server. And, also definitely post up the issue here so that we can correct it. But, ther is some redundancy built in in the meantime.

later,
Json

Larry Rutledge
03-06-2010, 04:31 PM
The 0 bytes is because I hadn't put the sizes in, I've updated that. Just test a couple of the zips and they worked fine.

Let me know if you continue to have problems with them.

ramsaur
03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
just tried to download zip 1 and still got a 404

edit: zip 3 is working. but 1 and 2 weren't. Haven't tried the others.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:36 PM
it's one of the servers.... we'll get it fixed shortly

try this direct link instead:
http://dvxfest.ramjetfilms.com/betrayal2010/betrayal0001.zip

seanmcleod
03-06-2010, 04:41 PM
zip 8 seems to be missing in action

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
just try it again until you get a different server...

otherwise, take the link I posted above and change 01.zip to 08.zip and you should be able to grab it that way.

One of the servers didn't get the zips right. Larry is taking care of it. In the meantime, download again until you get a working server, or use the link I posted above.

If you happen to see the name of the server on any film or zip that is not owrking, please also post it here.

Later,
Jason

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:45 PM
ok. all zips and mirrors should be working now. let us know if you still have any problems with films or zips

later,
Jason

seanmcleod
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM
all good!

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
thanks for the heads up. there was one film missing from the last zip as well, but that was just updated, so if you've downloaded the last zip prior to this message you are missing _Luis' film "The Rule of Thirds"

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Was just testing the download of "myPhone" and it stopped at 10.4 MB. Might one of the mirrors not have the entire file?

EDIT: A 2nd attempt got the whole thing. Could have just hiccuped, but I was downloading a zip at the same time and it's still going.

EDIT 2: I noticed that the first time during the download it said the file size was 56.6MB, when it's actually 59.4MB, and then it stopped downloading at 10.4MB.

EDIT 3: Also, when I start to download a zip I get this at the top of the page: "Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/fest_admin/dvxfest.com/mirror/betrayal2010/entries/betrayal0006.zip in /home/fest_admin/dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php on line 45" Stil downloads though.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
thanks for the info. we'll get it checked out.

Norm Sanders
03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Just tried this, still can't get zip 8. Will re download zip 10 though for the missing film from it.

just try it again until you get a different server...

otherwise, take the link I posted above and change 01.zip to 08.zip and you should be able to grab it that way.

One of the servers didn't get the zips right. Larry is taking care of it. In the meantime, download again until you get a working server, or use the link I posted above.

If you happen to see the name of the server on any film or zip that is not owrking, please also post it here.

Later,
Jason

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Just tried zip 8 and got it on the first try.

Try this link:
http://dvxfest.ramjetfilms.com/betrayal2010/

scroll down and direct download the zip you need. I'd prefer that folks go through the system if at all possible though and not circumnavigate it as it helps us with stats tracking, and of course to find errors so that we can fix them.

Later,
jason

Tom Shortridge
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Just tried zip 8 and got it on the first try.

Try this link:
http://dvxfest.ramjetfilms.com/betrayal2010/

scroll down and direct download the zip you need. I'd prefer that folks go through the system if at all possible though and not circumnavigate it as it helps us with stats tracking, and of course to find errors so that we can fix them.

Later,
jason

Just tried that, but zip 8 isn't in the list for me.

Tom Shortridge
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
But I just got it through the main link, sweet.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 06:07 PM
ah. ok. 8 is missing from that server. larry will get it over there when he has a chance.

If you are having a hard time hitting another server on the dvxfest viewing page with that zip, you can direct download zip 8 right here:
http://dvxfest.day7studios.com/betrayal2010/betrayal0008.zip

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
For whatever reason, the first few after CHARL(Y)IE FACTOR download to 8-10mb, and when I try to watch, I get a green screen about a minute in.

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Same issue with 8 here, but I just tried the link again and got it. You just have to hit right in the cycle through the mirrors.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
please list any films that you have trouble with. If possible, also list the server you pulled it from.

Thanks.

Later,
Jason

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
For whatever reason, the first few after CHARL(Y)IE FACTOR download to 8-10mb, and when I try to watch, I get a green screen about a minute in.

Same here. I've spot checked some, including both of mine, and occasionally only download around 10MB. I notice that the progress shows a lower finishing file size than when they download properly. Example, both of mine show 56.6MB when the download will stop at 10MB, but shows 59.4MB when the download will fully complete.

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
How do we know what mirror server?

EDIT: For "Deceivers" here's the link that shows for the "Click here" if the download doesn't begin automatically: http://www.dvxfest.com/mirror/betrayal2010/entries/Deceivers-MikeAF.mov

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 06:30 PM
If you do the ricght-click to save option at the top, it downloads in full.

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Zip #9 wouldn't decompress. Problem is I don't know what server I got it from. I'll try again.

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Zip 6 and 7 are the same. "myPhone" is not in any Zips, except I'm still downloading 9. Hopefully it's in there, but these seem to be in alphabetical order.

Edit: I got 9. "myPhone" is not in it or in any others.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
thanks, mike. we'll get myphone added to the last zip then.

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I count 4 missing films. There's supposed to be 48 films right? I downloaded all zips and have 44 films. Is that because Zip 6 has the wrong films?

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I think there is 49 entries in total...

if you can let me know which films are missing from the zips in contrast to the list on the viewing page, I can pass that along to larry to get those included in a new zip file

Mike@AF
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Yep, 5 missing to make it 49. Here they are:

Look Back and Laugh, Mirror Mirror, Mole, myPhone, Occupational Hazards

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
got it. thanks.

Chris_Keaton
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
zip 8 appears to be missing?

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
is missing from one of the servers... see one of my previous posts in this thread for a direct link to zip 8 if you can't get it from the viewing page.

larry will update it and the others as soon as he has a chance.

later,
jason

Chris_Keaton
03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Got it thanks.

totitefilms
03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow so fast. Thanks for all the hard work guys :beer:

J Davis
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
hey Jason, I'm getting loads of double ups and some films missing. (eg mirror mirror and songs of whip) see attached

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
larry is rebuilding all of the zips and then will push them to the mirrors again.

Richard J. Johnson
03-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Technical Issue:

I have watched every film EXCEPT "Voices in the dark" No matter what I do I can not get it play on my computer. It keeps telling me it's not QT file and when I try to stream it gives me a question mark.

AJ Brooks
03-07-2010, 09:13 AM
The original file extension was .mp4, and I manually changed it to .mov because some people had the same issue with my entry last fest.

Maybe try changing it back to .mp4 ?

Thanks for not giving up! :)

RodThompson
03-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Balls, I can't watch these at work...

Jason Ramsey
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I was able to watch every film in quicktime. Using the latest version of quicktime I believe. This is a relatively new pc and I've not installed any additional codecs for quicktime.

tmnt
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I unrared the first zip file and instead of getting a bunch of movie files I just get 'betrayal0001' as a single file. Nothing I can do with it.

Just downloaded zip file 2, won't unrar.

Mark Harris
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.... SHAME ON YOU :)

blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Have fun....

:)

Jason Ramsey
03-08-2010, 02:26 PM
heheheheheh

Edgen
03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm chiming in a little late, but good luck everyone!

Hawk Teflon
03-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Just a question, but is it possible to just zip all of the entries into one file to be downloaded next time? I'm going to download them all anyway, and it would save some time.

Jimmy Moss
03-15-2010, 12:37 AM
I was not able to watch:

Taking Advantage (http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php?id=3900690)

Look Back and Laugh (http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php?id=3900699)

Recession (http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php?id=3900711)

Voices From The Dark (http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php?id=3900737)

The dvxuser opening works fine,.... then the video goes blank. I do have an older version of quicktime however VLC and itunes wont work either. Let me know if their is a fix for this.

Scott F
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
^ I had a problem with Little Voice-A simple re-download fixed it.

I can't shuttle or pause through Song of the Whippoorwill. I can only watch it from beginning to end or things go screwy. Dammit! That's the one film I want to be able to pause. (You know, for those lonely winter nights)

RodThompson
03-15-2010, 08:36 AM

I can't shuttle or pause through Song of the Whippoorwill. I can only watch it from beginning to end or things go screwy. Dammit! That's the one film I want to be able to pause. (You know, for those lonely winter nights)

Agree. It was the only one I wanted to scrub through... lol

ZazaCast
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Agree. It was the only one I wanted to scrub through... lol
My evil plan has worked!:evil:
(scrub-able version available for a small fee)

Scott F
03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
scrub-able version

That's what they're calling it these days?

RodThompson
03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I call it "roughing up the suspect"

ZazaCast
03-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I call it "roughing up the suspect"
LMAO! Classic...

Rodney V. Smith
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow.... sure is quiet around here.... anybody order any tumbleweeds?

Zim
03-16-2010, 11:07 AM
When does round 2 start?

RodThompson
03-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't have time to troll today...not at work. LOL.

When does round 2 start?

1pm EST is when Round 1 ends, so sometime this evening.

Tim Joy
03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow.... sure is quiet around here.... anybody order any tumbleweeds?

Yes

http://www.projectionfilms.com/oh/tumbleweed-1.gif

Rodney V. Smith
03-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Well if anyone is bored or interested, check out the second interview with Darkline (winner of Twilightfest with "Broadcast"). Good reading.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=1916635&postcount=2

Noiz2
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Well My only problem so far is that I can't vote. I can log in but nothing happens when I click on the stars.

seanmcleod
03-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Well My only problem so far is that I can't vote. I can log in but nothing happens when I click on the stars.

thats cause the fest is all but over... first through tenth announced a week ago.