PDA

View Full Version : betrayalFEST UPLOADS NOW OPEN

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Ok, folks... After some delay (we apologize about that) we are happy to announce the beginning of the upload phase for the festival.

First, some technical information. Films should be submitted in h.264, as per the usual.

We are allowing for an additional 10MB per film this time. So, your final submitted version must be no greater than 60 Megabytes.

Please read over the rules again as you prepare to upload the film. Make sure you fit the alloted time frame, have the leader in place, have a poster, etc, etc.

The deadline was initially set for March 5th, at 4PM Pacific Standard Time. I am extending the deadline an additional 12 hours due to our technical issues which prevented us from making the upload page available in a timely manner. This is a 12 hour padding. It would be in your best interest to get the film done and uploaded by the original deadline so that you can have that additional 12 hours to make any necessary changes should their be an issue with submitted version.

We'll keep the upload period open until 4 AM Pacific Time on March 6th, 2010. This is +12 hours added to the original deadline.

We will take everything on a case by case basis, due to the shortened upload period, delay in getting format information to you, and the likely increased bottleneck we will experience as a result.

Please just try to remain patient should there be any problems during this process. Our goal is not to shut people out of the fest. It is to include as many people as possible who make a fair and honest effort to do so. Should problems arise, we cannot help you if you do not communicate with us. Email me any time throughout the upload process at jason at landmine dot tv

Make sure you provide accurate contact information on the upload page. Make sure you try to remain available for contact during the upload period. We will contact you immediately if there is an issue with your submitted version and allow you the opportunity to fix it within the deadline.

So..... enough rambling :)

Here ya go:
http://www.dvxfest.com/upload

---

Additional q&a from within this thread:

PROCEDURE FOR RE-UPLOADING A PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED FILM

Should you need to upload a revised version of a previously submitted film you should:
- Fill out all the relevant information on the upload form the same as before (name of film, username, real name, etc... those things). This will overwrite any previously submitted version of your film.

- Notify me via private message or email at jason at landmine dot tv and let me know that you have submitted a revised version of your film.

- Provide the relevant information so that I can identify the proper film and re-screen if necessary.

Later,
Jason

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
post any technical issues or problems with the upload here in this thread.

Richard J. Johnson
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare escape() (previously declared in /home/fest_admin/dvxfest.com/upload/uploadDetails.php:59) in /home/fest_admin/dvxfest.com/private/_lib/Db/DataAccess/DAO_Generic.class.php on line 40

I'm getting this error message. I tried 3 times and got this message 3 times.

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
thanks. larry is looking into it.

Tim Joy
03-04-2010, 03:09 PM
YAY!
Thanks for the extra time. I will use almost every second, I'm sure. Cheers to a great fest.:beer:

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 03:12 PM
That error just has to do with some functionality on the back end for notifying of new uploads and aiding in the screening/review process, etc.

I have two films currently though. acceptable losses (and a poster) and charlie factor (no poster).

If you like, you can pm me after you upload your film and I can verify whether or not it is on the upload server or not.

Later,
jason

stinkpot
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Extra 12 hour!!! I'll take it. Thanks!

chriscurl
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I will most likely be replacing my movie tomorrow at some point, what is the correct procedure for that? Do the form again? Should the file have a different name?

Richard J. Johnson
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Just tried again and it went through. Thanks.

vnguyen972
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
yay! uploaded!

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Should you need to upload a revised version of a previously submitted film you should:
- Fill out all the relevant information on the upload form the same as before (name of film, username, real name, etc... those things). This will overwrite any previously submitted version of your film.

- Notify me via private message or email at jason at landmine dot tv and let me know that you have submitted a revised version of your film.

- Provide the relevant information so that I can identify the proper film and re-screen if necessary.

Later,
Jason

Richard J. Johnson
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM

Later,
Jason

Just did that. I was getting an error message. so the last one is the one.

vnguyen972
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Crap I just remember that last fest (LossFest), I had to upload the file with a specific filename... I didn't do it this time... is that gonna be my problem and do I need to re upload?

Thanks.

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
also. please ensure that you fill out the upload form completely. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you go ahead and create a discussion thread for your film, prior to performing the upload so that you can provide that link at the proper time. If you intend to have a discussion thread for your film, it is highly recommended that you create one prior to uploading your film and poster and provide the url to your discussion thread in the appropriate blank on the upload page.

Later,
Jason

Richard J. Johnson
03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you go ahead and create a discussion thread for your film, prior to performing the upload so that you can provide that link at the proper time.
Later,
Jason

Ahem, Tim Joy :Drogar-Shock(DBG):

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Crap I just remember that last fest (LossFest), I had to upload the file with a specific filename... I didn't do it this time... is that gonna be my problem and do I need to re upload?

Thanks.

You are fine. Name the movie file whatever you want. As long as you fill out the upload form properly, the system will take care of everything else for you.

And, a clarification with the re-upload of a previously submitted film. As long as you fill out the form the same as before (name of film, username, real name, etc... those parts) the system will handle the re-naming and overwrite of previous versions automatically.

later,
jason

vnguyen972
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
You are fine.

Thank you! Best compliment I had all day! LOL

Tim Joy
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Ahem, Tim Joy :Drogar-Shock(DBG):

HE hE. :happy:

I'll finish the movie first, then after being up 4000 hours straight I'll make the damned thread and poster.:Drogar-Sick(DBG): You guys will LOVE it, and might even forgive me for being so secret and last minute. :engel017::violin:

Scott F
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Just to clarify, the 2nd upload option is for the poster then?

Should we bother zipping the file, or just send it straight up?

Jason Ramsey
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
don't zip anything. 2nd upload option is for the poster... correct.

later,
jason

Mike@AF
03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
At the upload page. Is a tagline absolutely necessary? We couldn't think of a good one.

Mike@AF
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Nevermind. I just threw something in there.

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 01:08 AM
by the way, in case anyone missed it... submission status here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=202160

just2me
03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
also. please ensure that you fill out the upload form completely. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you go ahead and create a discussion thread for your film, prior to performing the upload so that you can provide that link at the proper time.

Later,
Jason

Jason, when you say 'discussion thread' here, would that be a different thread than what we have up already for our films? Or do you just mean for people who haven't created one yet? If I already have a thread in the film thread section, do I just link that URL?

jasonthewho
03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm a different Jason, but I'm pretty sure I can answer that. Yes, the thread you made is all you need, just link that.

N635DC
03-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Still confused - I thought this was a film festival, who betrayed who again and what does that have to do with a film festival?

RodThompson
03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Theme - Subject; a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work.

N635DC
03-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Theme - Subject; a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work.

So does the theme of the film fest change every year and then this year is betrayalfest?

Tom Shortridge
03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
So does the theme of the film fest change every year and then this year is betrayalfest?

Yep. There's actually three fests per year, each with changing themes. Last year's winter fest was "LossFest," last year's summer fest was QuestFest, and last fall's was "MonsterFest."

Richard J. Johnson
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Theme changes every fest, and yes this one is betrayal.

We have, what, 2 or 3 fests per year?

just2me
03-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm a different Jason, but I'm pretty sure I can answer that. Yes, the thread you made is all you need, just link that.

Thanks different Jason :D

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
correct-o

totitefilms
03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Yuck I've just found some mistakes in the uploaded film. How do I re-upload?

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
same way you did the first time. just notify me when you have re-uploaded so i can re-screen

totitefilms
03-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks! I'm rendering now. I'll let you know once I'm done uploading.

totitefilms
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Is something wrong with the upload site again? I didn't see the same GUI anymore.

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
looks ok to me.... what browser are you using?

try a hard refresh of the page... if that doesn't work.. .clear your history and load the page again.

totitefilms
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm using firefox. Should I use IE instead? The site looks like it got hacked

totitefilms
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Just tried IE and got the same weird interface

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
can you email me your film, poster and all relevant information for the upload form and I will try to upload it for you.

EDIT: jason at landmine dot tv

zip the poster and the movie up and email it to me in a zip and include the info for the upload form in the body of the email

Rodney V. Smith
03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Final upload coming now... Quicktime finally plays nice...

GoodLuck
03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
When do the films go live to watch?

Jason Ramsey
03-05-2010, 11:29 PM
as soon as we can get them all screened, and pushed to the mirrors, zipped up, etc, etc.

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 03:47 AM
You guys have to be tired as hell.

Homunculus
03-06-2010, 04:40 AM
as soon as we can get them all screened, and pushed to the mirrors, zipped up, etc, etc.

are you guys going to make a new thread when it's all ready or done, or will it be here etc? How does it work?

Tom Shortridge
03-06-2010, 04:40 AM
They usually make a new thread, that says something like "BETRAYALFEST VIEWING NOW OPEN."

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Tom, why are you awake? LOL

Homunculus
03-06-2010, 04:45 AM
They usually make a new thread, that says something like "BETRAYALFEST VIEWING NOW OPEN."
Ah thanks...I'll wait for that then. And usually when does such a thread come, will it be soon? i'm excited

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Most likely Monday.

Tom Shortridge
Just woke up, Rod. Why are you?

Jason Ramsey
it'll be today.... (saturday, 6th)

Ki-Ki
03-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Amazing. Looking forward to it - the deadline has passed, right?

Being in GMT i've never found Time Zones an easy thing to work out.

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 04:49 AM
gmt 7 I think... depending on daylight savings. and yes. deadline is gone

Ki-Ki
03-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Then a big well done and thanks to Jason & Larry!
And everyone else who was involved in this last minute dvxfest operation!

RodThompson
03-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Seriously phenoms!!!

You guys rock!

Homunculus
03-06-2010, 04:58 AM
yes i'm excited but that's a hell of a lot of films to watch. Will take me a couple days to get through them all what tally is it at around 50 or so

totitefilms
03-06-2010, 01:36 PM
can you email me your film, poster and all relevant information for the upload form and I will try to upload it for you.

EDIT: jason at landmine dot tv

zip the poster and the movie up and email it to me in a zip and include the info for the upload form in the body of the email

Sorry I didn't read this post. I typed dvxuser.com/upload instead of the correct link thus got the weird interface :D I uploaded my latest version this morning. Please let me know if you see any errors.

totitefilms
03-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Then a big well done and thanks to Jason & Larry!
And everyone else who was involved in this last minute dvxfest operation!

yup dvxfest is always the best :beer:

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I watched the perfect heist form the server last night sometime and approved it... you were like in the middle of the pack of uploads... that film was anyways.

later,
Jason