PDA

View Full Version : looking for volunteers, collaborators, web designers

Jason Ramsey
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey, all... Yet another project that has been warming in the oven for far too long are some much needed changes to the infrastructure of dvxfest which also tie in directly with a future project for the landmine communities.

The unfortunate thing is that when everyone works on a volunteer basis, finding the reliable manpower to push these projects along can be a bit difficult. We've also grown far beyond the point where one person can take care of all the bts stuff and fostering of new projects for the community while also handling the day to day operations of the sites, etc, etc, etc.

Anyways... Just posting this up as a general inquiry if anyone has a skill set that they think might be useful or might like to have a hand in shaping the future presentation and back end of dvxfest as well as potentially have a hand in a project that will find its foundation in the hopeful advancements upcoming for dvxfest.

So, if you are a web designer who might want to help out with a new layout for dvxfest, or a programmer who is proficient in code (Larry has far too many responsibilities here and in real life to maintain the workload we need moving forward by himself. If you have what you think are good ideas, etc, etc.

I would love to hear from anyone who is willing to be a reliable volunteer in any capacity with any amount of time that they can reliably give to a project.

So, if you are interested in having a hand, please feel free to contact me. Hopefully, some of the volunteer work can also become paid work in the future if things work out well.

jason at landmine dot tv

Later,
jason

Rodney V. Smith
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
At your services sir...

Ki-Ki
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Same here, with Photoshop Skills & Website Interfaces / Designs.

Brandon Rice
03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
No real design skills here, but can work the grunt work of downloading/uploading/encoding when needed. You know how to reach me :)

Jason Ramsey
03-02-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks, Brandon... which leads me to add:
Beta testers along the way would be super awesome.

Bigmagic
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I have nothing but time. I have programed a little but its been a few years. No mad art skills but if ya need it I could help.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
thanks, Brandon... which leads me to add:
Beta testers along the way would be super awesome.I'll test the crap out of anything you throw at me. :)

namelok
03-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I have limited free time, but I'm willing to help out.
graphic & web design / html & css

MSpencer
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
i'll help look at stuff...

jasonthewho
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I could beta test, unfortunately I lack web design/programming skills.

LuckyStudio 13
03-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Jason, let me k ow wht u need :)

RodThompson
03-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Totally down for some beta-lovin! My skill sets lie in the ways of Martial Law Enforcement, Hand to Hand Annihilation, and Anti-terrorism tactics by way of the old "Milk Jug Plan" so I'm of no service any other way.

MrSeth
03-04-2010, 06:09 PM
i can help with beta testing and i do a couple of web designing and coding.let me know if you can utilize my skills in any way

Chris_Marrs_Piliero
03-13-2010, 07:33 PM
i'm pretty good with photoshop... not awesome... but not too shabby... and i'm down for betatesting... nogo on the webdesign, though...