PDA

View Full Version : DVX on CNN.

DVX100Shooter
01-25-2004, 06:07 PM
I was looking at CNN and they were showing the Political thing that is going on in New Hampshire and there was a crew using a DVX100 with an audio guy holding the boom. The way I could tell it was the DVX was by the lens hood!

Jay_Blanchard
01-26-2004, 08:30 AM
I wonder if it was a news crew or if it was somebody doing doc work? My guess is the latter--I know a local VT filmmaker is doing a doc on the Dean campaign, but I'm not sure what he's shooting on.

David Jimerson
01-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I've seen lots of DVXs in the crowds at newsworthy events.

However, I didn't see any others when I was running around in the crowd at the huge rally for the Panthers last week.

(The "Political thing that is going on in New Hampshire"? Dude, get with the current events already! ;))

David Jimerson
01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Speaking of, just saw one on Fox covering the Lionel Tate release.

m_bass
01-28-2004, 12:41 PM
There is a station in Memphis that shoots on the dvx, but I can't figure out who it is by watching the story on different channels. I guess that is good thing.

03-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I was covering a segment for America's Most Wanted in Kentucky a couple of months back and a stringer for a CBS affilliate was using his DVX100 to cover the court hearing.

Can't think of the guy's name, but he'd killed his ex-girlfriend, her daughter, and her new boyfriend a couple of years ago. He'd escaped to Mexico and was then recognized and picked up in Kentucky this year.

I was using a rental BVW-D600. My DVX100 would have been so much lighter to deal with! ;) Also renting a BetaCam for what networks want to pay crews for these jobs REALLY eats into the old paycheck!

MR

www.mrfilm.net

J.R. Hudson
03-21-2004, 09:56 PM
I use a DVX.

(Jarred, can we get an emoticon that has a straight mouth expression?)

Terry_Lasater
03-27-2004, 01:48 PM
... a stringer for a CBS affilliate was using his DVX100 to cover the court hearing.
*Can't think of the guy's name, but he'd killed his ex-girlfriend, her daughter, and her new boyfriend a couple of years ago.

For a moment I thought you meant the DVX shooter killed those people.

Fill in the blank. *:D

"Yeah, now he's hanging around DVXuser.com going by the name of _____ ".

magicdavek
04-17-2004, 06:41 PM
I read a post at another site from a guy who was a cameraman for a network affiliate who was using a DVX for some field work. His station purchased it, and he really liked using it. He said that his footage was as good as anything being brought back by the traditional ENG cameras, but he wasn't lugging around this huge thing. He said guys from the other stations at first thought him odd, but eventually began to envy him a bit.