PDA

View Full Version : advice needed: using frame mode for broadcast diff

05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

Is it a bad idea to use progressive mode for broadcast diffusion? I would like to preserve the filmic look for artistic events i will shoot. What do you think?

Barry_Green
05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
I don't know what you mean by "diffusion". I shoot 24P stuff for broadcast all the time, it's not a bad idea at all, it's a great idea.

05-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Sorry, probably my dumb english...

The stockshot will be used for broadcast news and occasionnal commercials . I guess 24P standard (not advanced) will be preferable? No? Will my 24P DV tape play without problems as is in local TV Sony, JVC or whatever DV decks?

Maybe this is basic, but If i use 24P mode in the recording, does it suppose that i cut and rerender everything in my soft (Vegas) to output in a more standard 29,97 DV?

Barry_Green
05-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Have no fears. 24P Normal is recorded on tape just like film transferred to tape -- you can edit it in any program, broadcast it, play it in any deck, whatever you want -- and it'll still retain the "film look".

05-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks Barry for the clear answer...

shAi
05-19-2004, 05:35 PM
and i just add on what have already been said: go progressive!!! i found my self many times struggling if to shoot prog. or not, even for the most "traditional" TV things.. i always shot progressive and never heard a word from the editors. telling the truth.. most of them never noticed that it's progressive, yet were always very impressed by the picture quality and could never guess it was a DV camera.
fact is, progressive will become a standard, what makes us dvx shooters, the pioneers 8)