PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Summer Iowa documentary

grifpo
06-01-2004, 02:38 PM
I'll be going on this week long bike ride across Iowa (RAGBRAI) the last week in July and have been planning on doing a documentary about it, any suggestions, or precautions, or really any confidence boosters? :)

griffin

David Jimerson
06-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Where's your route going to take you?

FlacaProductions
06-08-2004, 12:32 PM
well - i wish you good luck. i grew up in eastern iowa and rode 7 ragbrais. i've been in contact with the Register 'powers that be' for the past two years trying to make this happen only to be (nicely) shot down by the register.

if you're going to do this without their 'blessing' then you've got the right idea. my pitch was for broadcast, and they had a fit....rights, clearances, etc....
its all on public property, so i really don't see how they can stop anyone from doing it - although they did shut someone down a few years ago that was doing some sort of 'smear' on the ride. i dunno....

depending on your final market/target, i'd be interested in working this with you.
email me direct if you wish - and we'll chat.
flacaproductions@aol.com

Slapdragon
06-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Unless you are straight news, and if you have no clearance, then you will likely have to make sure you get your permissions all set up. It is best to have a documentary flunky with you who can follow you about getting people to sign waivers. Also, each town you shoot in may have rules about shooting on public property if you block pedestrian traffic or anything of that sort. Gonzo documentary is a lot of fun, but it is anything but gonzo if you want to keep your shirt.

FlacaProductions
08-01-2004, 09:52 AM
hey griffin - how'd it go?!