PDA

View Full Version : What to use for make-up

XCheck
09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi all,

Next week I am going to shoot some interviews for my documentary, and I don't want to use make-up. However, I want to be able to control shine on people's faces while keeping their natural skin tones. I am looking for something I can get at a local drugstore. This is all total unknown for me (an obvious case of male ignorance), so any suggestions are welcome.

The shoot will be in a (very small) community library. The space is about 600sq ft (my guess), divided by bookshelves into one larger space used as a 'reading room' and two cramped spaces where people go find their books. I have a couple of Lowell Omni lights and a Tota light. Any thoughts on how I should light it?

Jerry

J_Barnes
09-09-2004, 05:01 AM
You need powder. If all of your actors are of the same skin tone (for example, all caucasians), you'd just need to get powder foundation and something to apply it with, like a brush or one of them poofy things.

Easiest thing to do, and most sexist I might add, is to invite a female to be a member of your crew. They tend to have more experience then us guys, and putting on a bit of powder isn't a lengthy task.

Also, you can get cosmetic rice paper for guys that just have oily skin, and any women that are subjects are likely to have a preferred powder foundation anyway...so just ask them to apply their own powder.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it's been almost 10 years since my makeup class.