PDA

View Full Version : Shooting a making of

Monglane
09-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi all,

I'll be shooting the making of of a short movie next week. That movie will be shot on super-16 with a full crew, paid talent and so on--the works, albeit on a small scale. Five days of shooting scheduled.

This will be my first "making of"... Are there any specific things/tricks/tips I should be aware of/pay attention to ? Any recommendations from those of you who have been there before, maybe ?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

watson
09-11-2004, 09:58 PM
man i dont have anythign to really add becasue i havent shot one before, but that sounds like a really cool project. good luck

Prairieboy
09-14-2004, 10:11 PM
First off, do not wear your banana yellow jump suit. *Dark is a very good idea. *I know it is a film cliche, but it is a cliche for a reason. *Introduce yourself to the director and the first AD. *They will give you an idea of the mood on the set, and any type of paramaters that may need to be set. *If it is an Indy, it will probably be pretty loose, so I would not worry too much. *Another thing that is very helpful is getting an audio feed from the sound person (wireless makes your life oh so much easier) , they will enable you to get much better sound. *As for shooting shots the time to be bolder is during rehersals. *During takes hang back, get your wides, and be well out of the way of anything. *Another good thing is to turn the camers tally light off, no reflections this way, and not as noticable. *Other than that, keep your eyes and ears open as to not get in the way, and enjoy the craft service. *Have fun.