PDA

View Full Version : To all the action sports shooters

surfer
09-21-2004, 09:10 PM
I probably make the mistake of shooting indoor skateboarding obviously with artificial light at 24PADV and 1/24 shutter speed on squeeze mode. Now it looks dark but I can fixed that with color correction, by the way I am editing with FCP HD. it also does not look really good it is a bit grainy the slow mo at 50% also looks terrible. OK question # 1) does anyone knows where did I started wrong was the shutter speed wrong, does the squeeze mode has any influence in the final look of the footage.
Question # 2) what are the best capture and sequence settings to get the most out of this footage. with the regular settings it just does not look good. if you see the footage that I got last year with a PD 150 it makes you wanna go back there.
Question #3) I am always shooting indoor and outdoor skateboarding, surfing and mountain biking obviusly outdoors and to obtain slow motion is a major factor in all this. What do you guys suggest I should try.

Terry_Lasater
10-06-2004, 07:53 PM
In a nutshell...

60i for more frames to slo-mo and for better low-light capabilities. It'll look every bit as good (and then some) as did your PD-150.