PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades from Coach

RodThompson
02-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I was glancing over the posters and interview threads and just wanted to take a moment to commend the seriously gnarly growth that I've witness since first joining DVXuser back in the day. I'm not the oldest member either, so this grwoth in such a small amount of time is truly and awe-inspiring event. I mean, the posters alone show how much more people are getting into these fests. Shoot, I remember back when not EVERYONE had a poster or banner and their thread was all you got.

Not to take away from the film quality either. From a viewer's standpoint, some of the film makers have grown so much in both artistic concepts and style that comparing their current films to their earlier films is like nickelodeons to Imax.

I'm seriously thrilled to be a part of this community, and hope that the changes only continue for the better.

ZazaCast
02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I totally agree!

Tunnelmen
02-26-2010, 05:35 PM
This is an amazing time for me! I'm making films again after a long time and I'm glad to be a part of dvxuser! It's very inspiring to see you guys refining your craft and helping others along the way. I wish I would have come back to film years ago!!!! I can't freakin wait for this thing to go down!

Rodney V. Smith
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I think the short amount of time is becasue we have a tendency to meaure in terms of years. Yet we have 3 fests every year, so even if you've been doing it for 2 years... that's still 6 fests under your belt... a lot of people spend just one year making a short film and that all they;ve done for that year. The fests at least get us off our asses to make movies consistently.

I love the growth and seriously think it can only get bigger and better.

MrSeth
02-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I think the short amount of time is becasue we have a tendency to meaure in terms of years. Yet we have 3 fests every year, so even if you've been doing it for 2 years... that's still 6 fests under your belt... a lot of people spend just one year making a short film and that all they;ve done for that year. The fests at least get us off our asses to make movies consistently.

I love the growth and seriously think it can only get bigger and better.

^^ agreed..

the awesome members here on the dvxuser forums have a lot to do with contributing to this growth and success.

abdeziel
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm just a friend of Rod's and peripherally involved but I see how y'all have inspired him in his filmaking endeavours. This is a great community.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
03-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm just a friend of Rod's and peripherally involved but I see how y'all have inspired him in his filmaking endeavours. This is a great community.Rod has friends!?!?! :eek:

Yup, plenty of growth Fest after Fest. Posters are just the icing. I want me some cake! :)

Chris_Keaton
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I guess it's time for you to pick up your game...... friends? :nads:

dougspice
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I've been really impressed with the quality of the posters. And guess what? They're working as effective marketing tools, because I've added several films that I didn't know about or have a prior interest in to my viewing shortlist!

Rodney V. Smith
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I've been really impressed with the quality of the posters. And guess what? They're working as effective marketing tools, because I've added several films that I didn't know about or have a prior interest in to my viewing shortlist!

aha!! it's working! Now if only EVERYONE would add their poster to the posters thread... it's nice to see them all in relation to each other, side by side as it were.. get the rundown on the films...

dougspice
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
It would work even better if each film had its poster thumbnail displayed alongside the link to download it, when the time comes... just a design idea.

Rodney V. Smith
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
yeah, that would rock... I'd actually thought about reducing each poster to a thumbnail and putting them all into one post but we have a 9-10 picture limit on posts... maybe when all films are submitted there can be a thread organized to address that...

chriscurl
03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
It would work even better if each film had its poster thumbnail displayed alongside the link to download it, when the time comes... just a design idea.

Yeah that is a great idea, and that is something that would really be appealing to the outsiders we all want to come be a part of this.