PDA

View Full Version : DVX100A for broadcast use? Need help...

piotrekro
09-28-2004, 03:32 AM
Hello,
For a business meeting with a Polish TV channel, I'd wish to give some exemples of DVX100 or DVX100A used for any wide audience television channel anywhere in the world.
Reportages, documentaries, anything...
I don't need samples of clips, just testimonies or links.
Can anyone help me with this, please ?
Thanks a lot!

Voytek_Stitko
10-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Krece na DVXAE w NYC (first feature)
Jestes we Francji?

Pracujesz kamerka? czy z doskoku?
Voytek

piotrekro
10-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Czesc,
informacje o kamerze zbieram dla dziennikarki, ktora potrzebuje lekkiej kamery do szybkich newsowych reportazy. Sam krece DVX100AE dokument (na zmiane z Canonem XM1).
Powodzenia z Twoim filmem !
P.

shAi
10-30-2004, 02:38 AM
in my homepage you can find some clips. i also do stuff for 3sat (local broadcaster) but can't find those clips on the net somehow..
send me an email, i'll direct you to the right samples on my page.
www.shailevy.com

jt53787
11-19-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm here in Arizona, USA. And my buddy at the local news station says that they use 3 DVX100A cameras for broadcast work.

Also, chatted the other month with one of the producers of the Miss America pagent and he said that at the last pagent they used a few DVX100 cameras for the national broadcast. He said that they were all shocked with the quality of the picture. He also mentioned it was nice being able to purchase the cameras(and still pay less) instead of renting $90,000 DigiBeta cameras.

So, even though i may be late in response to your message about the meeting, maybe it is something that you would still be able to pass on to your station.

hotchkiss
11-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Another Zonie here,

I shoot for "The Insider" occasionally, an affiliate show of Entertainment Tonight. In the last month, I've shot a piece on Gary Sinese, and a Nascar drivers wife (Buffy Waltrip), both on a Panny 100A, and both in 24P. This footage is interspersed with Beta footage. Sorry, but I don't have clips to show.

The 100A is used for broadcast regularly here in the states.

Good luck ;)

David Jimerson
11-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Hotchkiss? Like, from "Highlander"?

hotchkiss
11-28-2004, 09:27 AM
David,

Not as exotic as Highlander, just my middle name ;)

DVX100Shooter
11-30-2004, 01:35 PM
I work for a network owned TV station here in the states. I just used my DVX100 on a shoot just last week for a feature story which aired last Friday night. The piece consisted of both BetacamSX and DVX100 formats edited on Avid. I did not shoot in 24p mode though. I kept it in 60i. A few weeks ago I did shoot some Promo footage of one of the reporters with my DVX100 in 24p mode and the News Director as well as some of the Promo editors were blown away with the quality. They thought I rented a film camera for the day to shoot the promos!