PDA

View Full Version : Questions for an upcoming interview *

ronik15
01-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I'am going to interview mature peoples about their life. I was wondering if someone has already a list of preliminary quastions. Here are some directives questions that I already have:

-Where and when were you born ?
-What was your parents occupation or job ?
-Where were you raised ?
-What school did you attend ?
-What was your frist job ?
-What was your childhood activities ?
-What was your first car ?
-Please tell me about your girlfriends/boyfriends
-What did attracted your the most about your wife/husband ?
-Talk about your childhood Xmas
-Could tell me the best souvenirs about your father, mother and brother/sister
-Tell me about your best trip
-Do you any anactode that you would like to share with us ?

Should I shoot 60i, 30p, 24p or 24p advanced ?

Thank's in advance for your help

Peabody
01-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Do NOT get locked into a list of questions. Use it only as a guide.
Do be flexible and ready to follow where your subject leads.
Do be a facilitator and let the interviewee share experiences that are most important to him or her. They are the parts that will shine because there's interest or passion.
Do be willing to move on to another topic if/when the interview bogs down.
Do count to 5 when you are tempted to jump in and interupt the silence. Sometimes those moments of quiet can be followed by good stuff.
Do know all about your interview subject.
That may mean some online research OR a phone call to a friend or relative of the subject. You will discover things you didn't know, and that will make the final product stand out from a ho-hum Q & A.
Do steer clear of questions that can be answered with either "yes" or "no".
Do strive to keep questions brief and to the point, not longer than the answer.
Do interview your subject where he or she is most comfortable.
Do have fun, be curious, bring out humour, emotion...be yourself and put the interiewee at ease so he or she will be more genuine and the finished product will be real!
Good luck!

Moonwind
01-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Peabody has given you some excellent advice. We just finished a 3 day stint getting an interview with the main participant in our documentary. I had a list of general questions to ask just to get the ball rolling, but in many places it sounds more like a conversation being held rather than just question and answer. Some of my questions and interview research took us into different areas I didn't know about and brought back some memories for our interviewee, which lead to some fantastic footage! Once you can get people reminicing about their lives the flow can go in some fantastic, unexplored areas!

ronik15
01-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Thank you very much hope it will help me!