PDA

View Full Version : Concert Videography

Michael_Capulli
01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Im sure this topic has been covered countless times. However maybe somebody can point me towards some articles rather than me searching countless threads here :)

Im not so worried about angles and stuff as much as im worried about scene file settings and auto focus/iris & white balance. Lighting at concerts seems so unpredictable that it would probably be just stupid to have manual iris on. Im shooting with 3 DVXs (24pa)- which scene file settings & technical shooting techniques would be good for an indoor concert at a fairly good sized venue? (1500 people)

Thanks for any help

Prairieboy
01-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Actually manual iris is the only way to go. *If you put it on auto your iris will be dancing all over the place. *You may have to ride it a bit. *But after all it is a concert, there will be very bright and dark moments, but stay away from auto. *As for white balance. *Usually when I shoot concerts I leave the camera at the 3200 preset. *If there are stage colours they are meant to make things go that colour.

Michael_Capulli
01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
what about scene file settings?

Prairieboy
01-07-2005, 02:53 PM
That is more of an individual choice. Play arounf witht he settings and see what you like.