PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 2 days to travel for 6 months and ...

dgtlfuse
01-23-2005, 09:05 PM
We are going all over South East Asia for 6 months, and because we are all over I dont know what to concentrate on shooting. The film gear ads 20 extra pounds to my backpack, and I'm even wondering if its even worth taking all the gear with me, when I'm not sure what to shoot. Sure I can get some "stock" footage, but is it worth draggin all the equipment with me for 6 months? But then again what if something interesting happens as I'm there? I will never forgive myself for not being able to film it... What should I do?

wabbit
01-23-2005, 09:34 PM
This is a vacation?

Take a cleap little consumer camera. The content always matters more than the tools. :)

B._Summers
01-28-2005, 08:42 PM
for shizzle
check out that 3ccd cine-mode capable camera from panasonic
for only $600.00

uh-huhhhhh

AndyDunk
02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey wotcha, I'm off to Vietnam and Laos with intentions of making a doc on the oppression of montangards (specifically hmong) in April.

The crew consists of just two of us at the mo' so any extra hands would be most excellent. Please get in touch if this rattles your curiousity

I wanted to focus on pro-demcracy issues in laos, but the consensus is this is a little sketchy and perhaps two controversial for the naive likes of us.