PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Cubicles Out to Pasture!?

tobin_McCarthy
02-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I could really use some help here. Where have all the cubicle jobs gone?! I know there's a recession underway, but ____!

I'm a producer here in Chicago, producing a short film that has a scene taking place in an office with cubicles --think, aesthetics of "The Office" or "Office Space".

I'm working on a micro budget with money appropriated for a two day office rental. We only need said office space for two days; Sat. & Sun. I'd like to use a furnished, working office --obviously necessary measures will be taken to occlude private information.

Can anyone provide me with a suggestion as to what has worked for them in a similar situation?; or perhaps a business I could call in the Chicago area?

I'd appreciate any suggestion. Please, don't hold back. I'm pulling my hair out here.

btw, I've found some locations, but they're downtown, where parking is atrocious; and with a cast/crew of +30 it's just a foolishly expensive option.

*yes, we're insured*

CHEERS!

J.R. Hudson
02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you or anyone you know actually work in this type of location ?

Start asking crew, family, friends, etc

tobin_McCarthy
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Do you or anyone you know actually work in this type of location ?

Start asking crew, family, friends, etc

Hey J.R.,
Hmm. Unfortunately, most of the people I know work, in some way shape or form, in the creative industry; what a disadvantage, who would have ever thought.

I have investigated central crew members and gotten a few leads, which has yielded the most success thus far..

GoodLuck
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
A lot of skyscraper type building are full of vacant rooms full of cubicles. Your best bet is to go out to a few and walk around, talk to the building manager and work something out. Another option is to call a few commercial real estate people in the area and tell them what you're doing and see if they know of anything. Or find a location manager in your area through your film commission.

Zblock
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I think they all went to Dallas Texas. :)