PDA

View Full Version : Re: New AE?

kai
02-07-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm still using 5.5 for now. I'll probably upgrade soon, although i'm usually in the "if it ain't broke" camp...

Johan
02-07-2004, 09:56 PM
I am using AE6Pro, my current impression is that it is a lot easier for new user like me to learn the features

I had problem with plugis not specifically designed for it, although most plugins are compatible, I feel better if I do not add "uncertified" plugins

The other things is that the render speed is almost the same as 5.5

By the way,Kai, how to save mask for future use ? :)

Thanks,

Johan

PurposeDriven
02-08-2004, 02:25 AM
Well, the new text tool for one kicks ass. That is a great feature all by itself. Being able to type and create it's own layer, then effect the text with text effects. Very nice.

There is also more advanced mask control I believe.

There is a list of upgrades somewhere. If you really want to know you could find it. I'm happy with it.

Sol M.
02-08-2004, 02:50 AM
I've got AE6 Pro.
-The text tool is awsome. Much better way to do text than before.
-Keylight for chroma keying is pretty good. They've shown examples of projects that have used keylight to do the matte creation, but I think with the diminished color space of DV, a perfect key is still hard to pull even with Keylight.
-Supposedly the motion tracking is suppposed to be "new and improved". I never utilized this for any project before I had AE6, so I don't really know how much better it really is. I still like combustion and commotion's motion tracking better (tho I haven't really used AE6 enough to be sure).
-Rotobezier masks are a nice addition.

All in all, a very solid product worthy of purchase or upgrade. IMHO. :)

kai
02-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Top Ten Improvements:

Impressive performance gains
Be more productive thanks to performance optimizations such as OpenGL support.

Groundbreaking text animation tools
Create animated text with unprecedented ease. Type and edit text in the Comp window, define character-level animations, and much more.

Fully integrated vector paint tools
Use built-in vector paint tools based on Adobe Photoshop® technology to perform touch-up and rotoscoping tasks.

New Motion Tracker
Get significantly faster and more accurate results using the new Motion Tracker to isolate and track the motion of an element on a layer (Professional edition only).

Render automation
Automate production tasks, including managing the Render Queue, with JavaScript-based scripts that save time and help ensure consistency (Professional edition only).

Tight Adobe integration
Work with rich content: Import Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator® files with layers and other attributes preserved. In Windows®, import Adobe Premiere® Pro projects.

Keylight
Create award-winning-quality mattes using the new Keylight keyer. Built-in spill suppression, secondary mattes, and other tools make fine-tuning results easy (Professional edition only).

Leading-edge visual effects
Create visual effects using more than 100 plug-ins to blur, sharpen, distort, shatter, and more. New effects include Liquify, Warp, Scribble, and 17 others.

Comprehensive masking
Design, edit, and use masks with more ease and flexibility thanks to new support for auto-tracing alpha channels and RotoBézier masks.

Enhanced interface
Work more intuitively with streamlined Item, Footage, and Comp windows, improved options for solid layers, Effect Favorites, and other refinements.

kai
02-08-2004, 10:02 AM
... and more detailed improvements in a pdf:

http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/pdfs/aftereffects_nfhs.pdf

Taylor Moore
02-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanx Kai
The Alpha channel into mask feature is very cool and a new and improved tracker..