PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Jack, a short film w/ Pentax K-7

joe1946
02-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Shot in downtown Denver entirely at night, the film keeps you rooting for a troubled character with a big heart. UNCLE JACK was filmed with the smc PENTAX DA Star 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM, the smc PENTAX DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fish-Eye and the smc PENTAX DA Star 60-250mm F4 ED (IF) SDM lenses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vez7qSrZfpc

PaPa
02-12-2010, 07:42 AM
lol, that was fantastic. The drunky in the back seat took the gold for me.

newtonry
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
That was awesome! More DLSR films should be about telling a story, rather than just capturing beautiful visuals!

jonE5
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Wow, what an amazingly fun, exciting and well executed film. This is truly a great work, you are an amazing story teller. You have some technical problems, (probably a lot associated with shooting at night), some grain etc... but honestly your having so much fun watching it that you dont even think about it after the first few seconds.

Its been a long time since i had such a wild time watching a short film, where i was literally on the edge of my seat, this is something that many other indie film makers should watch and study. Its not always about thousands and thousands of dollars of equipment and crew people, its about being able to convey an idea in fun way and you absolutely achieved it.

I must, MUST see more from you, so do not stop.

(just curious, out of all the options available, why the pentax?)

Fluke
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
That was brilliant! Everything just worked so well together. I second what Jon said about being on the edge of my seat.

The one and only thing I wasn't so fond of was the use of fisheye. I've never been a fan of fisheye lenses, unless used very, very sparingly for special effect. There was just a bit too much in there for me, but each to their own. Other than that, this is one of the best shorts I've seen in a while.

Comedy is something that so often misses the mark for me, it's great to see a short film that nails it. Very nicely done!

Daniel Moore
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
That was completely awesome, I was smiling the whole time. Also the main actor was really good and had a good voice. Editing was good too. Congrats!

Jester2138
02-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I absolutely loved the fisheye attached to the steering wheel.

J.R. Hudson
02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I loved this so much !

Great job.

Pure entertainment.

Vince K
02-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Fantastic stuff!

Lammy
02-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I loved it!

Weird how all the best films I seen are on the Pentax or Nikon cameras, jeeeeeez...

jonE5
02-16-2010, 06:50 AM
I enjoyed thsi film so much I decided to feature it on my blog as the Short Film of the Week.

You can check it out and others here

http://jone5films.wordpress.com/

Feel free to go in and put any notes in about making of the film and talk about it if you wish.

Congratulations!

jon

Richard J. Johnson
02-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Amazing short! the clown was perfect.