PDA

View Full Version : Putting video on a surface

molocono
05-09-2004, 01:27 PM
I want to put a video sequence on a surface, in this case on the wall behind the subject. I was going to make a matte outlining the area behind him and then work with transfer modes. Am I going in the right direction? I would appreciate any help.

http://200.77.204.70/~jelizond/images/Interview.jpg

Caveman
05-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Sounds like you got it going on. Am I right in saying that you want to completely replace the wall and nothing else? If thats the case you'll have to mask out the whole wall then to match the perspective of the wall either arrange the video layer in 3D space or 4-corner pinning sometimes is easier. The toughest part of the mask is going to be around his whispy hair.You might want to mask everything except for that part make a dupe mask that part and apply a luminance key and key out the white from the calendar. I really dont think any transfer modes are going to help you out with this one though. Try a green screen next time. WAY easier. But I always have last minute epiphanies as well so who am I to talk. Hope this helps. ;D CAVEMAN ;D

molocono
05-10-2004, 06:15 PM
My friend did a color key effect using the posted frame-grab and another picture and it came out great. Just used the dropper, sampled the wall's color, and it worked. I'm wondering if it will work with video. Any thoughts on using the color key process?

grinner
05-13-2004, 08:55 PM
A mask with a feathered edge and some opacity taken out would work.
You could add some flicker to make it look projected.