PDA

View Full Version : TV screen effect

molocono
05-06-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm looking to do TV screen effect for my sweeps piece. What I mean is this (and I'm sure you've seen it everywhere): it starts out with just a little spec on your monitor, then blows up to what looks like a television screen as the camera dollies-in, then "snowy" images start to appear on the tv screen. Uh, I don't know if I explained it correctly, but I think it can be seen on that kid's project, Matt McDermitt. It's the one that has the Evanesence song, where the kids are tied up in the basement. Do you remember how it starts? It's like you are looking at a news report on a television screen within your own monitor.

Well, anyways, how can I accomplish this? I know you can't really explain the entire process, but at least gimme a starting point. Thanks!

Goblin
05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm no expert, but the way I do this is to duplicate the layer, set it up to blend, and put a venetian blinds transition on the top layer (make sure you're looking at it in full resolution when you do it.

I think I got the technique from Ayato (lots of good AE stuff there) : http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e.html

grinner
05-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Scanlines in saphhire effects rules.
Now that it's available for AE, no seat should be without em. They rule.
www.genarts.com