PDA

View Full Version : Problem composite shot

Bill_Bolton
06-30-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm shooting a PSA and for one effect, I'm using a wood match igniting against a blue background. I want to composite that against a forest plate. I shot it in 24Pa and as the match ignites, the background changes color making it very difficult to pull a good matte in AE6.

Should I:
1.) reshoot it against a black background ?
2.) reshoot it with heavier light on the blue background?
3.) something I haven't thought of ???

Thanks,
Bill

Neil Rowe
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
imho..reshoot and simply move the background further away from the match so its not affected nearly as much if at all. adding more light to the back wouldnt be necessary then. when reshooting do it with a black backdrop too.. pending on the type of key you use one may work better than the other for you. side sits quick cause its the same setup just switch backdrops and kill the lights. you may just need a bigger background unless you can zoom in to keep it all in frame.

Taylor Moore
07-02-2004, 09:39 AM
iamloser
Great response on moving the BG back.

Bill_Bolton
07-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the ideas. I moved the BG back and it still had problems. I then killed the BG light and changed the BG to black and presto! I finally got a good matte that I could pull. I guess the learned here, is that when shooting something with variable light emissions, use a dead black background.

Bill

visulfx
07-11-2004, 10:32 PM
I bought DV matte from DV garage and it rocks. Email me I will pass it on. ;D