PDA

View Full Version : Any difference between AE Academic and Full...

BigWilly1231
07-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Since Im still a student, I can get a Academic version of After Effects from a third party retailer, do you think anything will be ripped or do you think it will be a full version....Any help would be much appreciated....Thanks again

Bsmith
07-24-2004, 10:49 AM
What about the standard version and the Pro version? It the pro version worth the extra money?

matthewd5
07-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Adobe's educational versions of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Encore, Audition and Photoshop CS are all identical to the regular retail version, other than the occasional "Educational..." logo.

and, contrary to rumors i have seen posted, you can most definitely upgrade when new versions just like everybody else.

matthew

Sol M.
08-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Actually, the edu version of AE lacks the additional software that comes with the retail version such as 3D Invigorator, etc. The functions of the core software remain the same, but the bonus (and quite useful) programs are not included. It's up to you if those programs are worth it.

matthewd5
08-02-2004, 03:43 AM
i'd like to verify this, i have a customer who is a school and they had AE that said educational version and when they got their video collection upgrade (ppro, AE, encore & audition) none of them said Educational on them, they looked identical to the upgrade i got to my retail video collection...

i am not familar with the 3d features of AE, can you tell me where to find these features so i can see if their software has it?

matthew